Check out these related products
- $13.64 List price $14.95Save $1.31
- $8.49 Was $9.99Save $1.50
- $12.87 List price $14.95Save $2.08
- $23.07 List price $24.95Save $1.88
- $13.19 List price $15.95Save $2.76
- $18.06 Was $19.95Save $1.89
- $9.49 Was $10.67Save $1.18
- $11.08 List price $17.95Save $6.87
- $13.39 List price $15.00Save $1.61
- $11.90 List price $14.00Save $2.10
- $10.61 List price $15.95Save $5.34
- $6.64 Was $8.71Save $2.07
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A story of betrayal, love, violent death, and hope set amidst the political and emotional turmoil of Achebe's native Nigeria
In the fictional West African nation Kangan, newly independent of British rule, the hopes and dreams of democracy have been quashed by a fierce military dictatorship. Chris Oriko is a member of the cabinet of the president for life, one of his oldest friends. When the president is charged with censoring the oppositionist editor of the state-run newspaper--another childhood friend--Chris's loyalty and ideology are put to the test. The fate of Kangan hangs in the balance as tensions rise and a devious plot is set in motion to silence the firebrand critic.
|Number of Pages:||224|
|Primary Shelf ID:||584297|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||January, 1989|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.