The Bipolar Handbook: Real-Life Questions with Up-to-Date Answers
Check out these related products
- $15.73 List price $18.00Save $2.27
- $14.19 List price $18.00Save $3.81
- $12.49 Was $17.00Save $4.51
- $13.53 List price $15.95Save $2.42
- $12.73 List price $18.99Save $6.26
- $18.93 List price $21.95Save $3.02
- $9.69 List price $14.95Save $5.26
- $10.38 List price $16.00Save $5.62
- $14.61 List price $16.95Save $2.34
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Avery Publishing Group, 2006, ISBN# 1583332499
For Dr. Wes Burgess, the diagnosis of bipolar disorder means hope-hope for the estimated ten million people who will develop the disorder during their lifetimes, and hope for the families and friends of people who suffer from it. Drawing upon the real questions asked by patients and families during his nearly twenty years as a bipolar specialist, The Bipolar Handbook comprehensively tackles every area of the disorder, from its causes to medical treatment and psychotherapy, to strategies for creating a healthy lifestyle, to the prevention of, coping with, and treatment of bipolar episodes. From the more than five hundred questions and answers, you'll learn:
- what to expect when pursuing a diagnosis
- how to choose the right doctor or specialist
- how to get the disorder under control
- what treatments and medication protocols are best for you
- how to reduce stress to prevent manic and depressive episodes
- what family members and friends can do to support you, and more
Dr. Burgess also addresses unique lifestyle concerns facing bipolar individuals. Special chapters on practical strategies for career success, building healthy relationships, issues that specifically affect bipolar women, and coping techniques for families and friends further explore the impact of the disorder on daily life.
The Bipolar Handbook's easy-to-access format and full chapter of resources, as well as diagnostic criteria from the American Psychiatric Association and the National Institute for Mental Health, make this a versatile guide-perfect for quick reference and in-depth discovery.
|Number of Pages:||241|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Burgess, Wes, M.D., Ph.D.|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||June, 2006|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.75 x 0.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.19 List price $15.99Save $6.80
- $6.02 Was $7.58Save $1.56
- $8.02 List price $14.95Save $6.93
- $9.28 List price $13.95Save $4.67
- $13.00 List price $26.00Save $13.00
- $9.44 Was $10.67Save $1.23