Check out these related products
- $10.72 List price $14.00Save $3.28
- $10.09 List price $16.00Save $5.91
- $10.00 Was $11.78Save $1.78
- $8.92 Was $10.17Save $1.25
- $14.47 Was $15.54Save $1.07
- $16.36 List price $25.00Save $8.64
- $12.46 List price $17.00Save $4.54
- $12.50 List price $20.00Save $7.50
- $10.92 Was $12.21Save $1.29
- $10.59 Was $13.27Save $2.68
- $16.06 List price $22.95Save $6.89
- $9.75 Was $16.00Save $6.25
- $12.36 List price $16.00Save $3.64
- $14.34 Was $16.07Save $1.73
- $22.26 Was $24.02Save $1.76
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Penguin Books, 2005, ISBN# 0143036408
Sue Monk Kidd's first novel "The Secret Life of Bees," a heartwarming coming of age tale set in 1960s South Carolina, a "New York Times "bestseller for more than 125 weeks, and a Good Morning America "Read This" Book Club pick Fans of "The Help "will love Sue Monk Kidd's Southern coming of age tale. "The Secret Life of Bees "was a "New York Times "bestseller for more than 125 weeks, a Good Morning America "Read This" Book Club pick and was made into an award-winning film starring Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys. Set in South Carolina in 1964, "The Secret Life of Bees" will appeal to fans of Kathryn Stockett's "The Help"and Beth Hoffman's "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt," and tells the story of Lily Owens, whose life has been shaped around the blurred memory of the afternoon her mother was killed.
When Lily's fierce-hearted black "stand-in mother," Rosaleen, insults three of the town's most vicious racists, Lily decides they should both escape to Tiburon, South Carolina--a town that holds the secret to her mother's past. There they are taken in by an eccentric trio of black beekeeping sisters who introduce Lily to a mesmerizing world of bees, honey, and the Black Madonna who presides over their household. This is a remarkable story about divine female power and the transforming power of love--a story that women will share and pass on to their daughters for years to come.
|Number of Pages:||302|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Kidd, Sue Monk|
|Primary Shelf ID:||584303|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||September, 2005|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.83 List price $19.00Save $8.17
- $9.99 List price $17.00Save $7.01
- $8.93 List price $14.95Save $6.02
- $9.18 List price $15.95Save $6.77
- $10.42 List price $16.00Save $5.58