Check out these related products
- $12.28 Was $12.93Save $0.65
- $9.05 List price $14.95Save $5.90
- $12.56 List price $13.95Save $1.39
- $10.48 List price $14.95Save $4.47
- $12.47 List price $15.00Save $2.53
- $11.65 Was $12.47Save $0.82
- $16.08 List price $18.00Save $1.92
- $9.11 List price $15.00Save $5.89
- $20.98 List price $25.00Save $4.02
- $14.35 List price $15.95Save $1.60
- $39.20 List price $49.40Save $10.20
- $9.25 List price $11.40Save $2.15
- $22.18 Was $23.38Save $1.20
- $13.82 List price $18.95Save $5.13
- $9.78 List price $14.95Save $5.17
- $9.76 Was $10.84Save $1.08
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The French author reveals his feelings of alienation in this novel about a young man's search for the key to facing death without fear
In his first novel, A Happy Death, written when he was in his early twenties and retrieved from his private papers following his death in I960, Albert Camus laid the foundation for The Stranger, focusing in both works on an Algerian clerk who kills a man in cold blood. But he also revealed himself to an extent that he never would in his later fiction. For if A Happy Death is the study of a rule-bound being shattering the fetters of his existence, it is also a remarkably candid portrait of its author as a young man.
As the novel follows the protagonist, Patrice Mersault, to his victim's house -- and then, fleeing, in a journey that takes him through stages of exile, hedonism, privation, and death -it gives us a glimpse into the imagination of one of the great writers of the twentieth century. For here is the young Camus himself, in love with the sea and sun, enraptured by women yet disdainful of romantic love, and already formulating the philosophy of action and moral responsibility that would make him central to the thought of our time.
Translated from the French by Richard Howard
|Number of Pages:||192|
|Author:||Howard, Richard , Camus, Albert|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||September, 1995|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 0.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $3.38 List price $4.50Save $1.12
- $3.16 List price $4.00Save $0.84
- $4.16 List price $5.95Save $1.79
- $4.45 List price $4.95Save $0.50
- $5.63 Was $5.95Save $0.32