About this item
Over 25 years ago, Raymond Williams Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society set the standard for how we understand and use the language of culture and society. Now, three luminaries in the field of cultural studies have assembled a volume that builds on and updates Williams classic, reflecting the transformation in culture and society since its publication. New Keywords: A Revised Vocabulary of Culture and Society is a state-of-the-art reference for students, teachers and culture vultures everywhere.
- Assembles a stellar team of internationally renowned and interdisciplinary social thinkers and theorists
- Showcases 142 signed entries from art, commodity, and fundamentalism to youth, utopia, the virtual, and the West that capture the practices, institutions, and debates of contemporary society
- Builds on and updates Raymond Williamss classic Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society, by reflecting the transformation in culture and society over the last 25 years
- Includes a bibliographic resource to guide research and cross-referencing
- The book is supported by a website: www.blackwellpublishing.com/newkeywords.
|Contributed by:||Bennett, Tony|
|Contributed by:||Grossberg, Lawrence|
|Contributed by:||Morris, Meaghan|
|Publisher:||Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, John|
|Publish Date:||Apr 22, 2005|
|Number of Pages:||456|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.8 x 6.9 x 0.9|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.