The Psychospiritual Clinician's Handbook: Alternative Methods For Understanding And Treating Mental Disorders
Check out these related products
- $42.46 Was $46.50Save $4.04
- $56.70 List price $67.00Save $10.30
- $33.91 List price $45.00Save $11.09
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Haworth Pr Inc, 2005, ISBN# 0789023245
Learn to treat a variety of diagnostic disorders through various psychospiritual treatment models
Increasing numbers of people are moving beyond psychological therapy to seek alternative spiritual perspectives to medical and mental health care such as yoga and meditation. The Psychospiritual Clinician s Handbook: Alternative Methods for Understanding and Treating Mental Disorders provides the latest theoretical perspectives and practical applications by recognized experts in positive and integrative psychotherapy. Leading clinicians examine and re-examine their therapeutic worldviews and attitudes to focus on the right problems to solve for the whole person.
This essential Handbook is a window on the quiet revolution now sweeping the field of psychology, that of locating the whole human being in the center of the therapeutic process. The Psychospiritual Clinician s Handbook: Alternative Methods for Understanding and Treating Mental Disorders helps you effectively treat the whole person by providing a practical introduction to some of the worldviews and most effective practices like yoga, meditation, and humanological therapy used by psychospiritually oriented therapists. Helpful illustrations of body positions used in yoga and meditation plus photographs, tables, figures, and detailed case studies illustrate the process.
The Psychospiritual Clinician s Handbook: Alternative Methods for Understanding and Treating Mental Disorders will show you:
- the importance of a therapist s worldview for effective therapeutic outcome
- new perspectives on alternative treatments for depression, anxiety, eating disorders, OCD, PTSD, ADHD, Alzheimer s disease, and sexual dysfunction
- how yoga and mindfulness meditation can be used in psychotherapy
- the use and integration of meditation therapies in emergency situations
- the therapeutic integration of other alternative treatments, such as Kundalini yoga
- each contributor s case studies as illustration of effective treatment
|Number of Pages:||372|
|Author:||Mijares, Sharon G. , Khalsa, Gurucharan Singh, Ph.D.|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Publication Date:||July, 2005|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 8.25 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.80 List price $28.00Save $11.20
- $9.18 List price $16.00Save $6.82
- $19.00 List price $27.95Save $8.95
- $9.94 List price $15.00Save $5.06
- $10.23 List price $15.95Save $5.72
- $12.42 List price $17.99Save $5.57
- $12.84 List price $15.00Save $2.16
- $10.63 List price $15.95Save $5.32