Check out these related products
- $23.20 List price $28.00Save $4.80
- $20.32 List price $24.00Save $3.68
- $17.10 List price $26.00Save $8.90
- $14.28 Was $15.76Save $1.48
- $12.64 List price $16.00Save $3.36
- $15.24 List price $17.00Save $1.76
- $13.06 List price $16.00Save $2.94
- $11.81 List price $15.99Save $4.18
- $15.12 List price $16.99Save $1.87
- $18.95 List price $21.99Save $3.04
- $11.68 List price $13.99Save $2.31
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Hollywood star traces her career and personal life, discussing such topics as her relationships with fellow actors, her marriage to plane crash victim Charles F. Blair, and her work on specific causes.
In an acting career of more than seventy years, Hollywood legend Maureen O'Hara came to be known as "the queen of Technicolor" for her fiery red hair and piercing green eyes. She had a reputation as a fiercely independent thinker and champion of causes, particularly those of her beloved homeland, Ireland. In "'Tis Herself, " O'Hara recounts her extraordinary life and proves to be just as strong, sharp, and captivating as any character she played on-screen.
O'Hara was brought to Hollywood as a teenager in 1939 by the great Charles Laughton, to whom she was under contract, to costar with him in the classic film The Hunchback of Notre Dame. She has appeared in many other classics, including "How Green Was My Valley, Rio Grande, The Quiet Man, " and "Miracle on 34th Street." She recalls intimate memories of working with the actors and directors of Hollywood's Golden Age, including Laughton, Alfred Hitchcock, Tyrone Power, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, and John Candy. With characteristic frankness, she describes her tense relationship with the mercurial director John Ford, with whom she made five films, and her close lifelong friendship with her frequent costar John Wayne. Successful in her career, O'Hara was less lucky in love until she met aviation pioneer Brigadier General Charles F. Blair, the great love of her life, who died in a mysterious plane crash ten years after their marriage.
Candid and revealing, "'Tis Herself" is an autobiography as witty and spirited as its author.
|Number of Pages:||323|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||O'Hara, Maureen , Nicoletti, John|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Publication Date:||February, 2005|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 0.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $15.23 List price $24.99Save $9.76
- $15.74 List price $24.99Save $9.25
- $9.75 List price $15.99Save $6.24
- $11.85 Was $14.04Save $2.19
- $12.18 Was $13.26Save $1.08
- $19.59 List price $24.95Save $5.36
- $20.83 List price $35.00Save $14.17
- $19.49 List price $29.99Save $10.50
- $16.77 List price $26.00Save $9.23