Customers also viewed these products
- $8.75 List price $16.99Save $8.24
- $17.70 Was $21.21Save $3.51
The Gluten-free Bible: The Thoroughly Indispensable Guide To Negotiating Life Without Wheat
Check out these related products
- $17.76 Was $21.00Save $3.24
- $16.31 List price $17.95Save $1.64
- $9.76 List price $15.99Save $6.23
- $17.02 List price $19.95Save $2.93
- $13.76 Was $15.63Save $1.87
- $15.56 Was $18.95Save $3.39
- $15.32 List price $21.00Save $5.68
- $14.85 Was $16.96Save $2.11
- $16.99 List price $19.99Save $3.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Offering a humorous but practical guide for the gluten-intolerant and wheat-allergic, the author tells how to eat nutritiously at home or out in chapters that include information on the latest research into celiac disease, dozens of new recipes, an updated resource section, and other helpful topics. Originally published as Against the Grain. Reprint. 20,000 first printing.
The definitive guide to the gluten-free lifestyle, completely revised and updated for the 2.2 million Americans with celiac disease
According to a landmark 2003 National Institutes of Health study, 2.2 million Americans suffer from celiac disease, an allergy to the protein gluten found in wheat. Since this book was first published in 1995 (as "Against the Grain"), Jax Peters Lowell has been helping celiacs follow a gluten-free diet with creativity, resourcefulness, and humor.
This edition includes chapters covering
- the latest research into celiac disease, and myths that have
- how to eat out happily, including a short course in restaurant
- how to eat in happily, including a discussion of online and
mail order suppliers and negotiating the supermarket as a celiac
- dozens of delicious new recipes
- drugs, cosmetics, and other products tested for celiac-safety
- a thoroughly updated resource section
Tens of thousands of celiacs have already enhanced their lives with Lowell's authoritative, witty, and practical guide. "The Gluten-free Bible" promises to bring relief to the new gluten-intolerant generation.
|Contributed by:||Dimarino, Anthony J., M.D.|
|Publisher:||Henry Holt & Co|
|Publish Date:||Apr 2005|
|Number of Pages:||530|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.25|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.75 x 9.0 x 1.0|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.