With a completely redesigned interface and all-new features, Rocksmith 2014 Edition is tailored to better teach the key elements of guitar playing, and to make learning faster and more fun than any other method. A new fully customizable "Riff Repeater" lets players select any section of a song they want to play, and adjust the difficulty and speed on-the-fly. A new "Master Mode" makes playing by memory more approachable and new "Guitarcade" mini-games have been created to hone specific guitar skills. With these flexible and deep practice tools, it's never been easier for players to play their favorite songs on guitar or bass. Rocksmith 2014 Edition also features a new track list with more than 50 hit tracks, including "Stone" by Alice In Chains, "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith, "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan, "The Chimera" by The Smashing Pumpkins, "Don't Look Back In Anger" by Oasis, "ultra soul" by B'z, a famous pop-rock Japanese band.
- Session Mode - We'll flat out say it - Session Mode is the next great innovation in music software. For the first time ever, you can jam with a virtual band that dynamically reacts to what you're playing. And the best part is, we'll teach you from the gorunf up how to improvise and jam.
- Interface - The Rocksmith interface makes it easy to see what notes to play at what time without the need to also learn sheet music or tablature charts. The menus have been redesigned to be clear, smoother, and blazing fast. The in-game interface has also been visually revamped to provide you with better feedback on your performance as you play.
- Riff Repeater - Riff Repeater helps you practice by focusing on specific song segments. You can set your starting difficulty level, speed, or play note-by-note through especially challenging parts. Riff Repeater is now fully customizable on-the-fly, enabling you to select your section, difficulty level, and speed simultaneously. It's faster and easier than ever to nail that challenging riff.
- Hit Tracks - Play your favorite hit songs as they were recorded by the original artists, ranging from alternative rock to heavy metal, classic rock, and more. In Rocksmith, you always play real rock songs, note-for-note, with perfectly simulated effects and tones. There are over 50 tracks all new to Rocksmith 2014 Edition, including the biggest hits yet. It is also backwards compatible with songs you already own in the original Rocksmith. Visit The Music page for the list of announced songs.
- Master Mode - Once you master a song, you can practice playing songs entirely from memory in Master Mode. It's the ultimate achievement in Rocksmith when you're able to walk away and play your favorite song anywhere. Master Mode has been revamped based on your feedback to be a more approachable way to learn songs from memory.
- Tunings, Techniques, and Amps - By turning your TV or computer monitor into an amp, Rocksmith also simulates thousands of dollars' worth of custom amp and pedal gear. It's a comprehensive guitar gear collection. Utilize your armada of tools with multiple tunings and master tons of techniques through interactive lessons to create your own unique sounds and riffs. Rocksmith 2014 Edition comes with an even wider arsenal of in-game gear through our partnerships with Orange, Marshall, and Eden.
- Mini-Games - Guitarcade mini-games make practicing chords, scales, bends, techniques, and muscle memory more fun than pure drills. Scoring tracks your progress and motivates you to hit that next level of achievement. It's yet another way Rocksmith makes learning guitar fun. Guitarcade is back with new skill games aimed at perfecting dexterity, speed, and music knowledge in a unique and engaging way.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Lyrics and Mild Fantasy Violence