MX-CR01NW Weather Alert Radio
Similar items available online
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
This weather alert radio helps to protect yourself and your family or business from hazards and severe weather, natural disasters and civil emergencies. Receive information and weather alerts broadcasted by NOAA. S.A.M.E technology will enable you to customize by geographic location, for local emergencies that are relevant to your area.
MX-CR01NW Weather Alert Radio:
- Instantly receive weather alerts from NOAA and emergency information automatically
- Receive up to 80 alerts
- S.A.M.E. technology for localized reception
- 25 programmable counties
- Public Alerts certified
- Alert Indicator Lights: Yellow, orange, red
- Alarm clock with snooze
- Digital AM/FM radio
- Each 10 AM and FM radio presets
- Large, easy to read Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) display with blue backlight
- AC power adapter or 3 x AA size batteries
- Accessories include AC power adapter, user guide and quick start guide
|Manufacturer Part Number:||MX-CR01NW|
|Power Type:||Outlet Powered , Battery Powered|
|Features:||Built in Clock|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.93 x 5.31 x 1.77 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Oh yes. It is loud. Too loud for my liking. At the same time, I can barely hear it from the other end of the house, so loud might be a good thing.by MyWalmartNickname8/19/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- doubletrouble1225, The alert is very loud if the volume is all the way up. It scares my wife to death every time it goes off during the night. JZinnby JZinn7/9/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Definitely! I have been awakened twice in the middle of the night by the alert tone.by LakeCo3512/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no.by Walrusmt12/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If you can get it to respond to the alert signal it will wake the dead. I read a comment that if the radio is programmed for specific county codes (S.A.M.E.) the radio won't respond. I had my radio set to all specific county codes for my local transmitter and the radio has yet to activate. I now have it set for ANY county to see if it works. There are two jacks on the radio that are not explained in the instructions or on the otherwise excellent videos on YouTube. One jack I assume is for connection to an alert device for someone who is hearing impaired, but no details. I will leave a more detailed review as soon as I verify the alert function. As of yet, I would not entrust my life to this radio.by Flarpswitch7/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No. Options are Siren (5 minute siren), Voice (8 seconds siren, followed by 3 minutes of weather band audio, or Display (text scrolls on display with no audio warning).by MyWalmartNickname8/19/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hey Bobby, Unfortunately, the radio cannot be used as the alarm for this device. JZinnby JZinn7/9/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no. Be sure to get an external antenna from radio shack for $50.00 This radio is good but won't pick up stations beyond 5 miles.by Walrusmt12/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. how do you get it to work?? I've yet to hear any warnings or get any warnings, can't seem to find website for these people either.
- Deb, You must go to the settings on the device and manually program your county's S.A.M.E. code into the device. You can look up your county's code here: http://nws.noaa.gov/nwr/indexnw.htm Hope this helps! JZinnby JZinn7/9/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$37.81 List price $59.09Save $21.28
- Reduced Price$39.19 List price $68.18Save $28.99
- $18.75 Was $21.66Save $2.91
- Reduced Price$29.78 List price $48.43Save $18.65