The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism: Basic Doctrine, Energetics, and Classification
Check out these related products
- $13.92 Was $15.04Save $1.12
- $11.60 List price $20.00Save $8.40
- $11.45 List price $16.00Save $4.55
- $11.44 Was $13.40Save $1.96
- $14.66 List price $17.00Save $2.34
- $13.82 List price $15.95Save $2.13
- $13.69 List price $16.95Save $3.26
- $18.99 List price $19.99Save $1.00
- $15.24 List price $17.95Save $2.71
- $11.60 List price $16.00Save $4.40
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Reviewing the long tradition of herbalism in the West, the author collects wisdom about herbs that has almost entirely disappeared, discussing their usefulness in modern healing. Original.
"The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism" places the function of western herbs in their true historical context, apart from homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, and Ayurveda. Recently there has been a revival of interest in western herbalism, but practitioners haven't been able to explore its benefits due to a void of information on the topic--the system of medicine the herbs fit into had all but disappeared. To remedy the situation, herbalist Matthew Wood has researched the old-time practices and reconstructed them for modern use. In resuscitating western herbal medicine and bringing it up to date, he gives his readers a powerful tool for holistic theory and treatment. Wood makes the point that plant medicines, because they are made from a broad range of chemical components, are naturally suited for the treatment of general patterns in the body. He argues against the biomedical model of standardization, in which herbs are refined and advertised as if they were drugs suited to an exact disease or condition.
|Number of Pages:||289|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||June, 2004|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||3.75 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $23.78 List price $39.95Save $16.17
- $17.06 List price $27.99Save $10.93
- $10.94 List price $17.95Save $7.01
- $10.97 List price $18.00Save $7.03
- $11.22 List price $14.95Save $3.73
- $11.90 List price $14.00Save $2.10
- $9.71 Was $10.37Save $0.66
- $16.63 Was $18.29Save $1.66
- $10.39 List price $16.00Save $5.61