About this item
This introduction to Facebook has been written from the ground up with one fast-growing audience in mind: seniors. Not just an ordinary "beginner's book", My Facebook for Seniors approaches every topic from a senior's point of view, using meaningful examples and realistic tasks. With large text, close-up screen shots, and a custom full-color interior, this easy tutorial is designed to be read comfortably by people with aging eyesight. We assume no prior experience with Facebook, but we don't talk down to you: we know you're smart and engaged, just new to Facebook (like millions of other people)!
Michael Miller covers basic Facebook techniques with seniors' needs in mind (focusing on the tasks, features, and activities seniors use most often. He covers all the basics - especially privacy and security - and shows how to:
- Sign up and get started fast
- Find both old and new friends, and stay in touch with them
- Connect with your grandkids (who probably don't use Facebook the way you do)
- Update friends and family on your activities (and learn Facebook's etiquette)
- View and share family photos and home movies
- Personalize your Timeline so you see only what you want to see
- Use Facebook's messaging system to send private messages
- Chat with friends and family in real-time - with video if you want it
- Participate in groups, attend events, and celebrate birthdays
- Search Facebook for information that's actually useful
- Use Facebook apps and play Facebook games
- Even use Facebook on Your iPhone or iPad, if you have one
Explore this item
|Publish Date:||Sep 16, 2013|
|Number of Pages:||352|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.44|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.0 x 9.25 x 0.75|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.