About this item
- New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work
- Comments by other famous authors
- Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations
- Bibliographies for further reading
- Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate
All editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. Barnes & Noble Classics pulls together a constellation of influencesbiographical, historical, and literaryto enrich each reader's understanding of these enduring works.
This collection also includes three of Conrads finest short stories: Youth, the authors largely autobiographical tale of a young mans ill-fated sea voyage, in which Marlow makes his first appearance, The Secret Sharer, and Amy Forster.
A. Michael Matin is a professor in the English Department of Warren Wilson College in Asheville, North Carolina. He has published articles on various twentieth-century British and postcolonial writers.
|Contributed by:||Matin, Michael|
|Publisher:||Barnes & Noble, Incorporated|
|Publish Date:||Sep 01, 2003|
|Number of Pages:||320|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||6.8 x 4.1 x 0.8|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.