About this item
Mandarin is the official language in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Singapore. The Mandarin dialect is used in most Chinese schools, colleges, and universities, and in most TV programs, movies, and radio stations throughout the country. Mandarin is one of the five official languages of the UN.
Mandarin Chinese IV, Comprehensive
- A new 30-unit course designed to be completed after Mandarin Chinese Level III
- Thirty 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken Mandarin language learning. Plus one hour of Notes designed to give you insight into the Chinese culture and Mandarin language.
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur's Mandarin Levels I to III. You'll be speaking and understanding Mandarin with near-fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level IV, the pace and conversation moves more rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, and approaching native speed and comprehension.
Youll learn to speak about your profession, needs, likes and dislikes, and to create complex sentences discussing the past, present and future.
Main topics of Mandarin IV include:
- Work-related travel: meetings, projects, conferences, and appointments.
- Accommodations: reserving a room, inquiring about amenities, including wireless, getting help with luggage, asking about restaurant options and schedules.
- Shopping: trying on and buying various items of clothing, asking for colors and sizes, buying gifts and souvenirs, going to the market.
- Vacationing: going to the beach and swimming pool, exploring options for local activities and sightseeing, water sports, biking, horseback riding, skiing, taking a walk, talking about sports.
- Family and friends: conversing informally with and about friends and extended family, talking informally about everyday situations.
- Small talk: expressing opinions, wishes, and stating views; asking how someone is feeling, telling stories about people or places.
- Weather: describing types of weather: rainy, windy, sunny, humid.
Speak with a natural-sounding, near-native accent. No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural and useful conversations at a high-intermediate level. Easy, fast, fun and effective We guarantee satisfaction and a measurable level of spoken proficiency (rules and regulations apply, see http://www.pimsleur.com/Proficiency-Guarantee for more details). Learn anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary!
|Publish Date:||Dec 17, 2013|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.2|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||12.5 x 11.0 x 1.25|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.