Check out these related products
- $149.71 Was $173.00Save $23.29
- $10.23 List price $15.00Save $4.77
- $14.79 Was $16.05Save $1.26
- $20.99 List price $29.99Save $9.00
- $24.04 List price $29.99Save $5.95
- $23.11 List price $29.99Save $6.88
- $31.61 List price $49.99Save $18.38
- $14.06 List price $19.99Save $5.93
- $13.60 List price $17.00Save $3.40
- $14.34 List price $16.00Save $1.66
- $8.49 Was $14.00Save $5.51
- $14.32 List price $16.00Save $1.68
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Told through alternating narratives, the former vice president and his cardiologist share the story of his battle with heart disease, discussing the latest science and offering hope to people struggling with cardiovascular disease.
For as long as he has served at the highest levels of business and government, Vice President Dick Cheney has also been one of the world's most prominent heart patients. Now, for the first time ever, Cheney, together with his longtime cardiologist, Jonathan Reiner, MD, shares the very personal story of his courageous thirty-five-year battle with heart disease, from his first heart attack in 1978 to the heart transplant he received in 2012.
In 1978, when Cheney suffered his first heart attack, he received essentially the same treatment President Eisenhower had had in 1955. Since then, cardiac medicine has been revolutionized, and Cheney has benefitted from nearly every medical breakthrough. At each juncture, when Cheney faced a new health challenge, the technology was one step ahead of his disease. Cheney's story is in many ways the story of the evolution of modern cardiac care.
"Heart" is the riveting, singular memoir of both doctor and patient. Like no US politician has before him, Cheney opens up about his health struggles, sharing harrowing, never-before-told stories about the challenges he faced during a perilous time in our nation's history. Dr. Reiner provides his perspective on Cheney's case and also gives readers a fascinating glimpse into his own education as a doctor and the history of our understanding of the human heart. He masterfully chronicles the important discoveries, radical innovations, and cutting-edge science that have changed the face of medicine and saved countless lives.
Powerfully braiding science with story and the personal with the political, "Heart" is a sweeping, inspiring, and ultimately optimistic book that will give hope to the millions of Americans affected by heart disease.
|Author:||Reiner, Jonathan, M.D. , Cheney, Dick , Cheney, Liz|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Publication Date:||October, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||CD/Spoken Word|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.12 x 5.88 x 0.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $15.73 List price $19.99Save $4.26
- $15.12 List price $24.99Save $9.87
- $9.99 Was $14.46Save $4.47
- $7.44 List price $10.00Save $2.56
- $6.97 Was $16.84Save $9.87
- $5.76 List price $7.99Save $2.23
- $11.76 List price $19.99Save $8.23
- $10.77 List price $14.99Save $4.22
- $12.36 List price $16.00Save $3.64
- $7.98 Was $9.99Save $2.01
- $11.51 List price $15.00Save $3.49