Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability
Check out these related products
- $18.86 List price $27.99Save $9.13
- $20.96 List price $30.00Save $9.04
- $27.05 List price $35.00Save $7.95
- $21.27 List price $29.95Save $8.68
- $24.90 List price $29.95Save $5.05
- $20.47 List price $30.00Save $9.53
- $28.70 List price $39.95Save $11.25
- $26.36 List price $39.95Save $13.59
- $15.72 List price $22.50Save $6.78
- $30.11 List price $34.95Save $4.84
- $11.99 List price $16.99Save $5.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Trade Cloth, Holmgren Design Services, 2003, ISBN# 0646418440
David Holmgren brings into sharper focus the powerful and still evolving Permaculture concept he pioneered with Bill Mollison in the 1970s. It draws together and integrates 25 years of thinking and teaching to reveal a whole new way of understanding and action behind a simple set of design principles. The 12 design principles are each represented by a positive action statement, an icon and a traditional proverb or two that captures the essence of each principle.
Holmgren draws a correlation between every aspect of how we organize our lives, communities and landscapes and our ability to creatively adapt to the ecological realities that shape human destiny. For students and teachers of Permaculture this book provides something more fundamental and distilled than Mollison's encyclopedic Designers Manual. For the general reader it provides refreshing perspectives on a range of environmental issues and shows how permaculture is much more than just a system of gardening. For anyone seriously interested in understanding the foundations of sustainable design and culture, this book is essential reading. Although a book of ideas, the big picture is repeatedly grounded by reference to Holmgren's own place, Melliodora, and other practical examples.
|Number of Pages:||286|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Primary Shelf ID:||586403|
|Publisher:||Chelsea Green Pub Co|
|Publication Date:||December, 2002|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.00 x 9.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.39 List price $35.00Save $14.61
- $11.64 List price $16.95Save $5.31
- $19.41 List price $30.00Save $10.59
- $11.62 Was $12.40Save $0.78
- $18.56 List price $27.95Save $9.39
- $8.79 List price $14.95Save $6.16
- $9.83 List price $15.95Save $6.12
- $11.28 List price $24.95Save $13.67
- $17.04 List price $21.95Save $4.91