Similar items in stock
- $95.62 List price $198.00Save $102.38
- $94.17 List price $188.00Save $93.83
- $150.29 List price $249.00Save $98.71
- $159.28 Was $181.35Save $22.07
- $442.24 List price $546.00Save $103.76
HP Black Pavilion Slimline s5-1540 Desktop PC with Intel Celeron G465 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 8 Operating System (Monitor Not Included)
Consider these popular products
- $199.00 List price $299.00Save $100.00
- Rollback$289.99 Was $329.99Save $40.00
- $66.31 Was $75.00Save $8.69
- Rollback$239.99 Was $279.99Save $40.00
- $142.09 Was $162.99Save $20.90
- Rollback$409.99 Was $449.99Save $40.00
- $127.30 Was $145.45Save $18.15
- Rollback$479.99 Was $549.99Save $70.00
- Rollback$949.99 Was $999.99Save $50.00
- $81.04 Was $90.99Save $9.95
- Rollback$459.99 Was $499.99Save $40.00
- Rollback$509.99 Was $549.99Save $40.00
- Rollback$459.99 Was $529.99Save $70.00
About this item
Update your Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Perfect for a small space or dorm room, thre HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1540 Desktop PC can handle all your computing needs. The Slimline is flexible, so you can easily add or upgrade features and functions. The HP Pavilion Slimline series offers an elegant, sophisticated look and feel that fits almost any environment.
Update your Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store
HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1540 Desktop PC:
Key Features and Benefits:
- HP Pavilion Desktop PC with Intel Celeron G465 Processor and 500GB hard drive
1.90GHz, 1.5MB Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)
The HP Black Slimline Desktop PC, s5-1540 with 4GB memory gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
- 500GB SATA hard drive
Store 333,000 photos, 142,000 songs or 263 hours of HD video and more
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
- 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your HP Pavilion Desktop PC with Intel Celeron G465 Processor and 500GB hard drive
- Intel HD Graphics
Up to 1541MB total available graphics memory
- 6-in-1 memory card reader
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x microphone/line-in/line-out, 1 x VGA-out, 1 x DVI-out
- 1 x MiniCard, 3 x PCI Express (x1) slots, 1 x PCI Express (x16) slot, 1 x external 5.25" bay, 1 x internal 3.5" bay
- Genuine Microsoft Windows 8 Operating System
- Norton Internet Security (60-day subscription)
- HP Recovery Manager is included with the HP Slimline Desktop with Windows 8 Operating System (Monitor Not Included).
Support and Warranty:
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
- Restore discs are not included (unless specified by supplier). We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the HP Slimline Desktop with Windows 8 Operating System (Monitor Not Included).
What's In The Box:
- Power cord
- HP USB keyboard
- HP optical mouse
- Quick Start Guide
To see the manufacturer's specifications for this product, click here.
To see a list of our PC Accessories, click here.
Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here.
Products that are ENERGY STAR-qualified prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. The ENERGY STAR name and marks are registered marks owned by the U.S. government, as part of their energy efficiency and environmental activities.
|Processor Type:||Intel Celeron G465 Processor|
|Hard Drive Size:||500 GB|
|Multimedia Drive:||SuperMulti DVD Burner|
|Operating System:||Windows 8|
|System Ram:||4 GB|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||17.75|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||15.43 x 3.94 x 12.28|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- They are USB, you can buy a wireless keyboard mouse combo, but they require batteriesby Happilytaken111/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The mouse and keyboard that come with the hp s5-1540 both use separate USB 2.0 ports from the back of the case. Both items are NOT wireless.by waveceptor5610/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- They are not wireless and connect in the conventional way. Set up was very easy.by Cruise77/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My unit did not require a wireless connection. Both the mouse and keyboard are tethered to the back of the computer via USB connections.by Calcarl10/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse with no problemsby beauxwill36/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This HP PC ships with a USB keyboard and mouse.by HP Team10/15/2013Written by a verified representative from HP TeamWas this answer helpful? (2) (2)Was this answer helpful?
Q. have an excellent Gateway Monitor that I do not wish to replace. Will it work with an HP PC?
- Possibly, it would depend on the connector type it has. If it is a regular VGA connection (the blue rectangle piece) the computer comes with an adapter to make it a DVI.by Happilytaken111/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes they were nice and included an adapterby Aaakaaa5/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it works with a Gateway monitor, that is what I have.by hazeleyes635/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- With the use of some software from Stardock.com I am using this machine with out a touch screen and Windows 7 look alike.by Smith21904/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it comes with an adapter for the monitorby Mia87ce3/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This monitor has a DVI-I and DVI-D port for connecting monitors. If your Gateway monitor has one of these types of connections it should eb compatible. However, HP does not test or support third party products, so we cannot guarantee compatibility.by HP Team5/29/2013Written by a verified representative from HP TeamWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The proper way to install windows 7 would be to completely wipe the hard drive, then you lose a lot of drivers because they are specifically for windows 8. You can if you know what you are doing, but it would be best to wipe the hard drive and re-partition it manually and make a back up partition with the drivers and the OS on it. Windows 8 says you can downgrade to windows 7, but downgrading often causes problems.by Happilytaken111/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have a 2 year old slimline s5, and its great, except HP doesnt want to include HDMI, because of that and slow video play back Im giving it away to a friend, its an upgrade to him, AND it has Windows 7, a great plus,, I wouldnt call getting rid of windows HATE and loading windows 7 a " down grade", Id say do it as soon as possible, and get rid of the norton anti virus before its activated,,, other than those issues its been a very good pc. Oh hp lacks the ability to raise the ram from 4 to 6 or more, thats why Lenovo and Acer is kicking their butts.by sightsandsounds7/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I believe I had seen that option in the online guide.by Shopperofeverything5/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I was going to reinstall Windows 7 but my friend told me of some software by Stardock.com that made this machine very user friendly. Good luck.by Smith21904/22/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This HP PC is warranted as configured. This HP PC has Microsoft Windows 8 operating system. I recommend contacting Microsoft for any downgrade possibilities.by HP Team5/29/2013Written by a verified representative from HP TeamWas this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?