About this item
iPhone 5 features a 4" Retina display, the powerful A6 chip, an 8-megapixel iSight camera with panorama, ultrafast wireless, iOS 6, and iCloud. Yet it's the thinnest, lightest iPhone ever.
Size and Weight:
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
Cellular and Wireless:
- GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Wifi: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Retina display
- 4" (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Camera, Photos, and Video:
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Improved video stabilization
- Photo and video geotagging
External Buttons and Connectors:
- On/Off (Sleep/wake)
- Volume up/down
- Home button
- 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack
- Lightning connector
Power and Battery:
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
TV and Video:
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Apple EarPods with Remote and
- Storage and travel case
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access5
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
In the Box:
- iPhone 5
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
|Service Carrier:||Straight Talk|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I called Straightalk and they said no to 4G LTE. They said it is a CDMA model and runs on the Verizon 4g network only. There are different iphone models for GSM and CDMA networks, so one will not work on all networks. Additionally, the iphones do not have all the available frequencies that different carriers use. So its likely that the model sold runs on 3g and some 4g networks while not running on ATT networks. This would likely be why the monthly price is so cheap, as Verizon is selling their slower network as their customers are moving to the faster network. I asked if there was a test period and it is 15 days to get a full refund on price of phone. As the monthly card is used during the 15 days, there is no refund on the monthly card price....thus $45/plus taxes is wasted if phone is returned in the first 15 days. Unless you know someone in your area that uses Verizon 4g (non-LTE) and know their speeds, it is not worth the price. Best bet is to wait for price to come down or wait to see how customers fair on test speeds.by wfcust3/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I bought this phone last night, model A1429. This is a CDMA phone. It appears to be Verizon MVNO. There is NOT LTE service on this phone with Straight Talk service. 3G service is the best I can get. :(by gravityron1/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does run on the 4g LTE. Straight Talk uses the AT&T service line. So where ever AT&T is at Straight Talk is atby UMC102812/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (6)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes my MMS is working. The problem that I had was fixed by Straight Talk. MMS works just fine.by gravityron3/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I will go ahead and assume that you are asking if you will be able to do MMS (picture texting). I have this phone, I bought it last night. I am currently emailing back and forth with tech support from Straight Talk because I cannot get MMS to work. My model that I have is A1429. I believe that MMS is supposed to work, though. So, I will update later when I get more info from Straight Talk.by gravityron3/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can.by UMC10283/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. do you know if the iphone 5 be om the CDMA-V (verizon) towers? or will it be on the other networks?
- Talking with Straight Talk, they said their iphone runs on Verizon's CDMA 4G network. It does not run on Verizon's 4G LTE network. News report said service was to be on both ATT and Verizon...so it likely depends on where you activate service. If your in an ATT only area, they may sell a different model (perhaps GSM)....but as of now their customer service said their iphone runs on Verizon's CDMA 4G network and not 4G LTE.by wfcust1/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have this phone now, model A1429. As far as I can tell it is CDMA-V.by gravityron1/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- if your talking about the iPhone 5 on straight talk then it will only use i think AT&T's towers. this is a GSM network and any network thats uses SIM CARDS is GSM. CDMA uses the ESN number to locate phone for usage, all Ditigal.by NAG451/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (6)Was this answer helpful?