The World From The Side Of The Moon (Deluxe Edition)
Customers also considered
Customers also bought these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Winner of the 11th season of American Idol -- aka, the last season to feature Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez as judges -- Phillip Phillips doesn't strictly seem like a pop star, probably because he doesn't sing pop music. Phillips is in thrall to his idol Dave Matthews, patterning every little detail of his style after the jam band icon, borrowing the stuttering acoustic strums and elastic vocal phrasing, letting his folk-rock wander into jazz and smooth soul. So many elements of Phillips' 2012 post-Idol debut The World from the Side of the Moon are taken from early Dave Matthews Band albums it could easily be mistaken for a forgotten DMB record from 1997. Phillips favors both the loverman croon of Matthews ("Wanted Is Love," "A Fool's Dance") and DMB's raucous party tunes ("Get Up Get Down," written in the style of "Ants Marching") and, it has to be said, he nails his impression, getting each minor inflection precisely right. Consequently, The World from the Side of the Moon delivers upon Phillips' promise: it is a streamlined, smoothed-out Dave Matthews Band album, stripped of any of DMB's idiosyncratic quirks and instrumental virtuosity. [A Deluxe Edition of the album was also released.] ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
Explore this item
|Number of Discs:||1|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.22|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.5 x 0.5 x 7.44|
|1.||Man On The Moon|
|3.||Gone Gone Gone|
|5.||Tell Me A Story|
|6.||Get Up Get Down|
|7.||Where We Came From|
|9.||Wanted Is Love|
|10.||Can't Go Wrong|
|11.||A Fool's Dance|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- more songsby Yellow171/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A few more unreleased songs. I would definitely recommend!!by lovinglife022111/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- has 3 bonus tracks that aren't on the regular cd. One is a repeat of 'Home' but live version, the other 2 were not released on the regular cd.by boisey6/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think it just has a few more songs and maybe the live addition of one of the songs. I bought it just to have the extra songs.by sherricdplayer5/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Only thing I can think of is the cd has a few bonus songs one of them is him singing home live its a great cd hope this helps!!by LynLyn19804/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The deluxe edition has a couple of extra songs.by RangerWeaver5/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Deluxe edition has 3 more songs that the normal/regular cd.by Drew9995/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?