Last Stand: Ted Turner's Quest to Save a Troubled Planet
Check out these related products
- $121.14 List price $139.99Save $18.85
- $8.86 Was $11.06Save $2.20
- $9.91 List price $15.95Save $6.04
- $15.80 Was $19.78Save $3.98
- $11.49 Was $13.36Save $1.87
- $12.58 List price $15.99Save $3.41
- $16.99 List price $19.99Save $3.00
- $14.25 Was $16.90Save $2.65
- $10.91 List price $15.99Save $5.08
- $17.60 List price $24.95Save $7.35
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Globe Pequot Pr, 2013, ISBN13 9780762784431, ISBN10 0762784431
Entrepreneur and media mogul Ted Turner has commanded global attention for his dramatic personality, his founding of CNN, his marriage to Jane Fonda, and his company's merger with Time Warner. But his green resume has gone largely ignored, even while his role as a pioneering eco-capitalist means more to Turner than any other aspect of his legacy. He currently owns more than two million acres of private land (more than any other individual in America), and his bison herd exceeds 50,000 head, the largest in history. He donated $1 billion to help save the UN, and has recorded dozens of other firsts with regard to wildlife conservation, fighting nukes, and assisting the poor. He calls global warming the most dire threat facing humanity, and says that the tycoons of the future will be minted in the development of green, alternative renewable energy.
Last Stand goes behind the scenes into Turner's private life, exploring the man's accomplishments and his motivations, showing the world a fascinating and flawed, fully three-dimensional character. From barnstorming the country with T. Boone Pickens on behalf of green energy to a pivotal night when he considered suicide, Turner is not the man the public believes him to be. Through Turner's eyes, the reader is asked to consider another way of thinking about the environment, our obligations to help others in need, and the grave challenges threatening the survival of civilization.
|Number of Pages:||371|
|Publisher:||Globe Pequot Pr|
|Publication Date:||April, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.75 x 1.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $15.73 List price $19.99Save $4.26
- $15.12 List price $24.99Save $9.87
- $9.99 Was $14.46Save $4.47
- $7.44 List price $10.00Save $2.56
- $6.97 Was $16.84Save $9.87
- $5.76 List price $7.99Save $2.23
- $11.76 List price $19.99Save $8.23
- $10.77 List price $14.99Save $4.22
- $12.36 List price $16.00Save $3.64
- $11.20 List price $16.00Save $4.80
- $7.98 Was $9.99Save $2.01
- $11.51 List price $15.00Save $3.49