Penguin Brand Dry Ice
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Dry Ice doesn't melt into a liquid. It sublimates directly into a gas. As a general rule, Dry Ice will sublimate at a rate of five to ten pounds every 24 hours in a typical ice chest. The more you have the slower the sublimation. This sublimation continues from the time of purchase; therefore, pick up Dry Ice as close to the time needed as possible. Bring an ice chest or some other insulated container to hold the Dry Ice and slow the sublimation rate. Dry Ice sublimates faster than regular ice melts but will extend the life of regular ice. The more air it is exposed to the faster sublimation occurs. Filling air space in a cooler with crumpled newspaper or styrofaom will slow the process. It is best not to store Dry Ice in your freezer because your freezer's thermostat will shut off the freezer due to the extreme cold of the Dry Ice! Of course if the freezer is broken, Dry Ice will save all your frozen goods.by CashMonet1/20/2016Was this answer helpful? (36) (6)Was this answer helpful?
- It depends on what you are using it for but for shipping food I used this website, they have a nice little table to help you calculate how much you will need and how long it will last. http://www.dryiceinfo.com/shipping.htmby Rockford3579511/20/2016Was this answer helpful? (19) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- About 24 hoursby An anonymous customer1/20/2016Was this answer helpful? (16) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes but you have to wait until the dry ice is dissolvedby GrEaTbUyZZZZZ12/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- The manufacturers website http://airgasdryice.net/penguin.htm has suggestions for doing just that, but if I were you I would contact them for verification. There is a "Food Quality Dry Ice" which is free of contaminants, but it's usually more expensive. Penguins suggestiing to use their product in this manner seems to imply it is "Food Quality" but better to be safe and see what they say. Let us all know what you find out.by CashMonet1/3/2016Was this answer helpful? (18) (8)Was this answer helpful?
- Grocery stores that sell dry ice usually have a chest freezer in the front of the store close to the check out areas. You will need to have an employee unlock and bag it for you. Sometimes you can ask the meat department if you can purchase some dry ice from them. Every sore that has a "butcher block" area where they sell fresh meats, bacon, sausage, etc... has and uses dry ice.by wmm036y1/17/2016Was this answer helpful? (35) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- You will have to call and ask your walmart, because some walmart doesnt carry dry ice.by Angelina9852/1/2016Was this answer helpful? (33) (17)Was this answer helpful?