The Truth About Love (Edited)
Customers also considered
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Truth About Love (Edited)
A lot has happened to P!nk since the release of her 2008 breakup album, Funhouse, most notably a reconciliation with her estranged husband, Carey Hart, and subsequent birth of their child in 2011. P!nk wrestles with these two life-changing events and many other thorny issues on her 2012 album, The Truth About Love, a vibrant mess of a record that finds the pop star embracing every one of her contradictions. Alone among the class of 2000 -- a group that roughly includes such other new millennium stars as Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore, and Jessica Simpson -- P!nk comes across as an actual adult, eager to dive into the muck of grown-up emotions, expanding and deepening her music without succumbing to stuffy pretension. She may be deeply invested in being a wife and mother but she's keenly aware of what's happening outside of her house, offering a clever spin on Ke$ha's freak empowerment on the opening "Are We All We Are," enlisting Fun.'s Nate Ruess as a duet partner on "Just Give Me a Reason," and fiendishly stealing some of the Black Keys' moves and retailoring them for the dancefloor on "How Come You're Not Here." P!nk deftly weaves these new threads into a tapestry that contains a few of her signature moves -- there is a handful of confessional power ballads and snotty, funny pure pop disguised as dance hits -- and some surprises, including cameos from Lily Allen ("True Love") and Eminem ("Here Comes the Weekend") and a title track that is as sunny and carnivalesque as a '60s surf-pop sensation. Sometimes the transitions are too sudden, causing some aural whiplash -- that clomping, heavy "Here Comes the Weekend" wouldn't fit neatly into any sequence -- but its ragged edges underscore the essential appeal of The Truth About Love: nothing about it is neat, it shifts courses and refutes itself, it's "nasty and salty," as P!nk herself sings about true love. It's weird and willfully, proudly human, a big pop album about real emotions and one of P!nk's wildest rides. [A clean version of the disc was also released.] ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
Explore this item
|Digital Video Formats:||CD|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 0.50 x 7.44 IN|
|1.||Are We All We Are|
|2.||Blow Me (One Last Kiss)|
|4.||Just Give Me A Reason - Featuring Nate Ruess|
|5.||True Love - Featuring Lily Rose Cooper|
|6.||How Come You're Not Here|
|7.||Slut Like You|
|8.||The Truth About Love|
|9.||Beam Me Up|
|10.||Walk Of Shame|
|11.||Here Comes The Weekend - Featuring Eminem|
|12.||Where Did The Beat Go?|
|13.||The Great Escape|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes. Like a radio version. It still says a few words such as "stupid" that I wouldn't want my small children repeating, but all the big swear words are edited out.by SDebelak8/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by OneDirectioner1237/19/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Walmart Has Always Sold Music For Many Years Edited I Always Prefer Them I Can't Stand That Noise of That Kind of Music I Call The Police When I Hear People Hearing That Kind of Heavy Rap Music & If You Want Heavy Shop at Best Buy or Target or Amazon or half.com or ebay.com or wherehouse.com So if You Don't Like Edited I Would Not Purchase This Album if Wer'e You & I Go For Country/Pop/Rock/Jazz/Comtemporery Pop/R&B/Soul/Hard Rock/Old Fashioned Clean Rap/Alternative Rock.by csialpine6/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yesby Shonnypoo7/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- They Ran Out of it I Was Suspose Too Get 1 With a Autograpth Too in Country Music For Love and Theft So I Returned Got Credited Back onto My giftcard & You Can Contact walmartcom if They Can Give You a Refund if Your Unhappy.by csialpine12/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i did the same thing. i ordered it the 1st day it was available online. cd arrived with no booklet. SCAM!!!by SCAM201212/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?