Similar items in stock
FoodSaver Fresh Saver Hand Held Kit
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The FoodSaver Fresh Saver Hand Held Kit is great for keeping your expensive deli meat, cheeses and other everyday refrigerated foods fresh longer. It's so small it can fit in a drawer, but with its sleek look and charging base, it looks great on your countertop. The FoodSaver Fresh Saver system works with the new FoodSaver Vacuum Zipper Bags and FoodSaver Deli Containers.
FoodSaver Fresh Saver Hand Held Kit:
- Vacuum sealing
- Starter kit includes:
- Charging stand
- 1 deli container
- Five 1-quart zipper bags
- Five 1-gallon zipper bags
- 1-year warranty
- Dimensions: 6"L x 3.2"W x 2.5"H
|Manufacturer Part Number:||FSFRSH0060-035|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 3.20 x 2.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Can this hand held food saver be used to seal foods that will be going into the freezer?
- Yes, you can seal the bags and remove the air from the bags and then put it in the freezer. My grand daughter is going to use this unit to freeze pork loin when it goes on sale. I have the full unit also so I never thought about it. I have frozen my lunch meats before they went bad and they were good.by cattlegirl200010/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes! I use the original Food Saver bags "Vacuum Zipper Bags" (available at wal-mart) and have no problem using in the freezer, matter of fact sometimes I re-use the bags depending on what I had in them, a good washing, or I have even put them in the dishwasher with no problem. But Yes you can use this food saver for freezer foods because once it is vacuum sealed, it is vacuum sealed! (doesn't matter how big of "machine" you used to seal whether a big machine or a hand held) I love this hand held its great for freezing single serve meals or larger items and so much more convenient than those big huge machines, this one just sits on counter. I love mine!by bps15/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- With my other hand-held one, I did. I guess it depends on the thickness or ply of the bags. But I'm going to use this one for freezer storage.by Cookie2256/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO! These are designed to be used in the refrigerator for things you'd want to use daily, or at least often during a week, such as cold cuts, cheese, baby carrots, celery sticks, cut up fruit, etc. The bags that go in the freezer require the vacuum sealing machine. The bags for this hand held are the zip lock ones with the gasket.by Pinky2129/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- BAGS WILL FAIL IF FROZEN YOURS IN COOKING...CHEFZEEby chefzeee11/16/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- NO..BAGS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE FROZEN...POOR FS DESIGN CHEFZEEby chefzeee8/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- We break down large packages of meat into smaller bags and so far they work just fine in the freezer. We also wash and reuse the bags to save money.by noname1325/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, the bags have a special valve for removing the air. This is a great product and I would really recommend it...can purchase the bags online from Walmart. Not sure if they sell them in the stores as I purchased a supply with the Kit.by ldetal12/19/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I had my hand held sealer for over a year and now have to get a new one as it doesn't hold a charge and Foodsaver no longer repairs them. Answering your question I found that the Ziploc freezer bags with the circle work better than the Foodsaver bags. Also I have frozen foods in the foodsaver bags and it works fine. I buy the Ziploc bags online through Walmart since I can't find it their stores. I truly believe that the Ziploc bags hold up better. Also both types of bags are reusable. All you need do is rinse with a little dish soap and water.by SkateDancer10/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby santhing10/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, this will not work with regular zip locks as it needs a mechanism to seal immediately when you take it off the bag.by cattlegirl200010/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to my friends at yahoo's foodsaver group, it will work with the zip lock bags, too, although I haven't tried it myself because I only have the zip lock pump so far. The group is VERY experienced, though, and I trust their judgment.by Pinky2128/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, as long as they have the "circle" for the adapter to suck the air out. It will say so on the box. Be sure you run your finger along the seam at the top of the bag as you are sucking the air out. Then you are sure it is sealed properly.by Hoebie8/21/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You have to purchase Foodsaver zip locks with the special hole made on the bag. Regular ziplocks will not work.by cattlegirl200010/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Cloie...as long as it has the "circle" for the adapter to suck the air out, it will work. Boxes, such a Ziploc now have the symbol in the box.by Hoebie11/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- but the same brand as the sealer. One doesn't seem to work on another. But, I've read that there is a universal adapter for about 20.00. Might as well buy the right ones.by Cookie22511/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You use the zip lock ones with the gasket. Walmart sells them on line. I don't know if they sell them in stores.by Pinky2126/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- buy the freshsaver bagsby Radioactive15/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- SPECIAL BAGS WHICH CAN BE BOUGHT AT WALMART. CHEFZEEEby chefzeee4/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- $19.99 List price $22.99Save $3.00