Customers also viewed these products
- $10.82 Was $14.45Save $3.63
- $6.97 Was $14.86Save $7.89
Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes
Check out these related products
- $13.37 List price $16.00Save $2.63
- $23.75 List price $27.95Save $4.20
- $18.78 Was $21.44Save $2.66
- $15.04 List price $17.95Save $2.91
- $16.25 List price $19.95Save $3.70
- $19.16 Was $21.72Save $2.56
- $14.28 List price $16.95Save $2.67
- $10.71 List price $13.00Save $2.29
- $13.08 List price $16.00Save $2.92
- $11.56 Was $12.49Save $0.93
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Penguin Group USA, 2013, ISBN13 9780670026579, ISBN10 0670026573
The "New York Times "bestselling guide to thinking like literature's greatest detective
No fictional character is more renowned for his powers of thought and observation than Sherlock Holmes. But is his extraordinary intellect merely a gift of fiction, or can we learn to cultivate these abilities ourselves, to improve our lives at work and at home?
We can, says psychologist and journalist Maria Konnikova, and in "Mastermind" she shows us how. Beginning with the "brain attic"--Holmes's metaphor for how we store information and organize knowledge--Konnikova unpacks the mental strategies that lead to clearer thinking and deeper insights. Drawing on twenty-first-century neuroscience and psychology, "Mastermind" explores Holmes's unique methods of ever-present mindfulness, astute observation, and logical deduction. In doing so, it shows how each of us, with some self-awareness and a little practice, can employ these same methods to sharpen our perceptions, solve difficult problems, and enhance our creative powers. For Holmes aficionados and casual readers alike, Konnikova reveals how the world's most keen-eyed detective can serve as an unparalleled guide to upgrading the mind.
|Number of Pages:||273|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||January, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.50 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.12 List price $28.00Save $9.88
- $10.23 List price $15.95Save $5.72
- $11.02 List price $15.00Save $3.98
- $22.01 List price $27.99Save $5.98
- $22.93 List price $30.00Save $7.07