A Short History of Nearly Everything
Check out these related products
- $9.75 Was $10.72Save $0.97
- $8.84 List price $14.99Save $6.15
- $22.68 List price $29.95Save $7.27
- $32.70 List price $49.95Save $17.25
- $10.00 List price $15.99Save $5.99
- $11.26 List price $15.99Save $4.73
- $9.86 List price $14.99Save $5.13
- $19.57 Was $21.75Save $2.18
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The author traces the Big Bang through the rise of civilization, documenting his work with a host of the world's most advanced scientists and mathematicians to explain why things are the way they are.
One of the world's most beloved and bestselling writers takes his ultimate journey -- into the most intriguing and intractable questions that science seeks to answer.
In A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson trekked the Appalachian Trail -- well, most of it. In In A Sunburned Country, he confronted some of the most lethal wildlife Australia has to offer. Now, in his biggest book, he confronts his greatest challenge: to understand -- and, if possible, answer -- the oldest, biggest questions we have posed about the universe and ourselves. Taking as territory everything from the Big Bang to the rise of civilization, Bryson seeks to understand how we got from there being nothing at all to there being us. To that end, he has attached himself to a host of the world's most advanced (and often obsessed) archaeologists, anthropologists, and mathematicians, travelling to their offices, laboratories, and field camps. He has read (or tried to read) their books, pestered them with questions, apprenticed himself to their powerful minds. A Short History of Nearly Everything""is the record of this quest, and it is a sometimes profound, sometimes funny, and always supremely clear and entertaining adventure in the realms of human knowledge, as only Bill Bryson can render it. Science has never been more involving or entertaining.
"From the Hardcover edition."
|Number in Series:||1|
|Primary Shelf ID:||586403|
|Publication Date:||May, 2003|
|Digital Video Formats:||CD/Spoken Word|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 6.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.39 List price $35.00Save $14.61
- $11.64 List price $16.95Save $5.31
- $20.41 List price $30.00Save $9.59
- $11.62 Was $12.40Save $0.78
- $18.56 List price $27.95Save $9.39
- $8.79 List price $14.95Save $6.16
- $11.17 List price $15.99Save $4.82
- $9.83 List price $15.95Save $6.12
- $11.28 List price $24.95Save $13.67
- $17.04 List price $21.95Save $4.91