The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
Check out these related products
- $16.37 Was $17.24Save $0.87
- $19.05 List price $25.00Save $5.95
- $16.00 List price $18.00Save $2.00
- $12.08 Was $13.18Save $1.10
- $18.63 Was $20.07Save $1.44
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012, ISBN13 9780547884592, ISBN10 0547884591
WHAT IF YOU COULD BECOME WORLD-CLASS IN ANYTHING IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS?
"The 4-Hour Chef" isn't just a cookbook. It's a choose-your-own-adventure guide to the world of rapid learning.
#1 "New York Times" bestselling author (and lifelong non-cook) Tim Ferriss takes you from Manhattan to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets of the world's fastest learners and greatest chefs. Ferriss uses cooking to explain "meta-learning," a step-by-step process that can be used to master anything, whether searing steak or shooting 3-pointers in basketball. That is the real "recipe" of "The 4-Hour Chef."
You'll train inside the kitchen for everything outside the kitchen. Featuring tips and tricks from chess prodigies, world-renowned chefs, pro athletes, master sommeliers, super models, and everyone in between, this "cookbook for people who don't buy cookbooks" is a guide to mastering cooking and life.
"The 4-Hour Chef" is a five-stop journey through the art and science of learning:
1. META-LEARNING. Before you learn to cook, you must learn to learn. META charts the path to doubling your learning potential.
2. THE DOMESTIC. DOM is where you learn the building blocks of cooking. These are the ABCs (techniques) that can take you from Dr, Seuss to Shakespeare.
3. THE WILD. Becoming a master student requires self-sufficiency in all things. WILD teaches you to hunt, forage, and survive.
4. THE SCIENTIST. SCI is the mad scientist and modernist painter wrapped into one. This is where you rediscover whimsy and wonder.
5. THE PROFESSIONAL. Swaraj, a term usually associated with Mahatma Gandhi, can be translated as "self-rule." In PRO, we'll look at how the best in the world become the best in the world, and how you can chart your own path far beyond this book.
|Number of Pages:||671|
|Primary Shelf ID:||582547|
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Publication Date:||November, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.75 x 9.50 x 1.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Customers also viewed these products
- $13.78 Was $18.54Save $4.76
- $19.16 Was $20.63Save $1.47
- $23.92 Was $26.94Save $3.02
- $16.00 Was $19.53Save $3.53
- $40.00 List price $59.95Save $19.95