Similar items in stock
Roku HD Streaming Video Player
Consider these popular products
- $39.95 Was $42.95Save $3.00
- $189.00 Was $198.47Save $9.47
- $34.99 List price $46.99Save $12.00
- $79.33 Was $90.99Save $11.66
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Deliver more than 1,000 channels to your home with the Roku HD Streaming Video Player. This video player gives you streaming entertainment choices, HD video quality and easy-to-use equipment that Roku is known for. You can enjoy a large selection of movies, TV shows, live sports, news, and music from all of the top sources including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Crackle, and MLB Network. If you're a Netflix fan, you'll love the support offered for many films with HD, English subtitles and Dolby Digital surround sound. The Roku HD Streaming Video Player includes built-in wireless, so that you can stream from anywhere in your home that you want. The system sets up in minutes and works with virtually any TV.
Roku HD Streaming Video Player:
- 1,000+ channels
- Large selection of movies, TV shows, live sports, news, and music from all of the top sources including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Crackle, and MLB Network
- HD streaming up to 720p HD
- Roku Streaming Media Player is easy to set up
- Small, compact size
- Roku Streaming Media Player has built-in wireless to stream from anywhere in your home that you want
- English subtitles and Dolby Digital surround sound is offered for many films through Netflix
- Wireless Video Player works with almost any TV
|Audio Decoder:||Dolby Digital Plus output|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||2500R|
|Connector Type:||1 x Composite Video, 1 x HDMI, 1 x RCA Audio L+R|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||3.90 x 3.90 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- There is no monthly charge but there is the option of purchasing apps and or games from the device.by Lovingmom20001/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No just add your device to your netflix account.by Lucky9012/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. Some channels charge a one-time or monthly fee but the Roku service is free. Fortunately a lot of the channels are free.by Wanzy9/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It says that they like for you to have a card on file for your convenience, in the event you want to purchase a new channel, feature, movie, etc. I was also leery but did submit my card information. Have had the product for almost a month and no issues with my card. It's sort of like how iTunes requires a card on file. Only used when you purchase.by WxGal8/19/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Roku asks for your card number so if you decide to purchase an item from them you won't have to go through the process of putting in that information. Hope I helped.by Reviewgrandie8/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- That is a frequently asked question. You can create your Roku account yourself online with a credit/debit card or with a Paypal account online. Also you can sign up with your debit/credit card, create the account then login on your account and delete any payment method you input during the sign up process. You can also create an account with no financial instrument ever attached at all. To do that you may phone Roku or use their ONLINE SUPPORT CHAT system which is probably faster. The CSR at Roku will create your account, once they give you login info, login and change your password. With no financial instrument attached to your account you can not buy any subscriptions nor can you purchase items for sale in the Roku Channel Store like other Rokus at discount or replacement remotes. It is far more convenient to have a way to do that. I've heard of some people getting a "ONE TIME USE" credit card number from their bank and using that. That way it works at ROKU but if anyone steals it and tries to use it anywhere else it will not work. There is NO CHARGE at all to use a Roku unless you subscribe to a premium channel or make a purchase in the Roku store and you can watch all the free channels you like and it is totally free, but whether or not you actually like the free channels is another matter. I've been very happy with my Roku units. I have bought three of them so far. I'm saving at least $1000 per year over premium channels on cable. Roku revolutionized the way I watch TV.by DV12311/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, not at all. But, if you want to watch Netflix movies you need a credit card to sign up with Netflix. If you select a channel and it requires a subscription the Roku gives you a code so you can enter that online so it will sync your Roku with that account. You can also watch that channel from other devices like a computer etc., so it is not just the Roku. It depends on how many subscriptions you want to get and most will give you a free trial to check them out. There are many channels that are free as well, so you'll have lots to watch! The free channels have ads so you won't get away from all commercials unfortunately!by Sunnyacres1/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The roku will ask for your credit card information during setup. This is only stored for if you decide to make a purchase. Some of the channels stream movies for a fee, you have the option of renting them. They will only authorize the card for a dollar, and that drops off after a couple of days.by Mekie871/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes for Netflix and Hulu. Not for free channel.by Lucky9012/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, but they only to set up an account. There is nothing chargedby brunner12/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It won't be charged unless you purchase paid contents.by HaoU12/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Roku wants either a credit card, debit card or Paypal information attached to your account when you set up your account online. I have heard that you can get an account setup without credit/debit card or Paypal if you contact Roku support by phone or web chat. I've also heard that if you scroll down on the financial instrument page of the 3 step registration process there is a tick box to SKIP that step. However when I signed up over two years ago you had one choice, plastic. I gave Roku my debit card about 2 years ago and have had zero issues. Roku wants to instantly deliver channels and other purchases to you and to do that they need some way to get paid first. Having this info on file allows them to do that. There is also a Roku Store section on a Roku box where you can buy featured items often at substantial discounts right from your remote control. The only things I bought direct from Roku was the annual Gold upgrade for Pub-D-Hub and the pay once for life channels called House of Horror and Movie Vault. Those are the only charges they've made. I've heard of no issues from any Roku user regarding any financial instrument. Three options I've heard of people doing besides the above. 1. Register with a card, log into your account right after signup and then immediately delete the card info. 2. Get a pre-paid card specifically for Roku. 3. Contact your credit card issuer for a ONE TIME USE number that allows you to setup the Roku account and make charges to it but if the number is stolen then attempted to be used elsewhere it will be declined. That third option is very sensible. I want to be able to add paid channels if I want them and shop in the Roku store but there is no way to do either without a financial instrument linked to your Roku account.by DV12312/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This device includes one Roku remote. You can buy additional remotes in the SHOP ROKU section of THE CHANNEL STORE once you have the device connected. But you only need an extra remote if you lose or break your remote. The catch is that you can't operate the Roku box to buy a replacement remote without having a working remote. So, it does make sense to have an extra remote in the event your original remote breaks or is lost. The remote currently offered for sale in the ROKU store is $9.99. Items come and go in the SHOP ROKU section of the Channel Store so there is no guarantee that they will still have remotes for sale when you need one.by DV1231/8/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- All I have seen include a remote and I am told the prices vary by stores.by MyOPINIONisGOOD8/8/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does. And I spent $48.00 for mine.by BigSandyMom7/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I bought it in the store for $58 at the time and it included av cables, power adapter, and the remote.by butterfly8487/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes go buy it u will love itby babygirlnettie6/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Are you asking because you think Walmart would take the remote out of the box? As for your second question. This model is sold in stores and pricing may vary.by ManicRaider9/22/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (10)Was this answer helpful?