Customers also viewed these products
- $12.97 List price $21.95Save $8.98
- $18.14 List price $21.00Save $2.86
- $27.22 List price $32.50Save $5.28
- $14.13 List price $24.95Save $10.82
- $13.12 List price $18.00Save $4.88
- $13.99 List price $14.99Save $1.00
- $8.41 Was $9.10Save $0.69
- $13.59 List price $15.99Save $2.40
- $53.47 List price $84.99Save $31.52
- $16.21 List price $19.99Save $3.78
- $20.24 List price $22.99Save $2.75
- $14.58 List price $17.00Save $2.42
- $11.73 List price $19.00Save $7.27
- $12.42 Was $14.17Save $1.75
Check out these related products
- $12.70 List price $14.99Save $2.29
- $18.86 List price $27.99Save $9.13
- $11.27 List price $14.99Save $3.72
- $11.61 List price $12.50Save $0.89
- $12.56 Was $13.25Save $0.69
- $10.13 List price $14.99Save $4.86
- $16.55 List price $19.99Save $3.44
- $12.13 List price $14.00Save $1.87
- $13.32 List price $14.99Save $1.67
- $11.64 List price $13.99Save $2.35
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Harpercollins, 2002, ISBN# 0060533226
This profound and accessible book details how science is studying nature's best ideas to solve our toughest 21st-century problems.
If chaos theory transformed our view of the universe, biomimicry is transforming our life on Earth. Biomimicry is innovation inspired by nature - taking advantage of evolution's 3.8 billion years of R&D since the first bacteria. Biomimics study nature's best ideas: photosynthesis, brain power, and shells - and adapt them for human use. They are revolutionising how we invent, compute, heal ourselves, harness energy, repair the environment, and feed the world.
Science writer and lecturer Janine Benyus names and explains this phenomenon. She takes us into the lab and out in the field with cutting-edge researchers as they stir vats of proteins to unleash their computing power; analyse how electrons zipping around a leaf cell convert sunlight into fuel in trillionths of a second; discover miracle drugs by watching what chimps eat when they're sick; study the hardy prairie as a model for low-maintenance agriculture; and more.
|Number of Pages:||320|
|Author:||Benyus, Janine M.|
|Primary Shelf ID:||586401|
|Publication Date:||September, 2002|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.50 x 8.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.