Check out these related products
- $21.42 List price $24.00Save $2.58
- $12.70 List price $15.00Save $2.30
- $9.09 Was $12.53Save $3.44
- $10.13 Was $12.93Save $2.80
- $12.95 List price $15.00Save $2.05
- $13.51 List price $15.00Save $1.49
- $11.24 Was $13.07Save $1.83
- $11.55 Was $12.49Save $0.94
- $15.75 List price $19.95Save $4.20
- $24.42 List price $35.00Save $10.58
- $31.62 List price $45.00Save $13.38
- $18.30 List price $25.95Save $7.65
- $49.30 List price $65.00Save $15.70
- $22.29 List price $24.99Save $2.70
The Book of Job: When Bad Things Happened to a Good Person
Consider these popular products
- $5.98 List price $7.99Save $2.01
- $9.89 List price $16.99Save $7.10
- $10.40 List price $14.99Save $4.59
- $16.80 Was $19.44Save $2.64
- $21.42 List price $24.95Save $3.53
- $14.24 List price $18.00Save $3.76
- $10.67 Was $11.34Save $0.67
- $10.41 List price $15.95Save $5.54
- $36.09 List price $48.00Save $11.91
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
CD/Spoken Word, Random House, 2012, ISBN13 9780449015421, ISBN10 0449015424
Part of the Jewish Encounter series
From one of our most trusted spiritual advisers, a thoughtful, illuminating guide to that most fascinating of biblical texts, the book of Job, and what it can teach us about living in a troubled world.
The story of Job is one of unjust things happening to a good man. Yet after losing everything, Job--though confused, angry, and questioning God--refuses to reject his faith, although he challenges some central aspects of it. Rabbi Harold S. Kushner examines the questions raised by Job's experience, questions that have challenged wisdom seekers and worshippers for centuries. What kind of God permits such bad things to happen to good people? Why does God test loyal followers? Can a truly good God be all-powerful?
Rooted in the text, the critical tradition that surrounds it, and the author's own profoundly moral thinking, Kushner's study gives us the book of Job as a touchstone for our time. Taking lessons from historical and personal tragedy, Kushner teaches us about what can and cannot be controlled, about the power of faith when all seems dark, and about our ability to find God.
Rigorous and insightful yet deeply affecting, "The Book of Job" is balm for a distressed age--and Rabbi Kushner's most important book since "When Bad Things Happen to Good People."
"From the Hardcover edition."
|Author:||Kushner, Harold S.|
|Publication Date:||October, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||CD/Spoken Word|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.