Similar items in stock
- Rollback$29.99 Was $49.88Save $19.89
- $249.99 List price $270.00Save $20.01
Walmart Family Mobile SIM Starter Kit
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Walmart Family Mobile SIM Starter Kit:
- Powered by T-Mobile
- Unlimited talk and text
- First line is $45 per month
- Additional lines are $25 per month
|Manufacturer Part Number:||610214629319|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Go to your local Walmart store. Go to the electronics section. Go the the Cell phone counter. Buy Walmart Family Mobile activation kit! or order online to be delivered to your home or picked up at your closest store.by Zappattazz5/22/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Go to a Walmart store. Do not make the mistake I did and order from Walmart.com. They did not activate my package and it was a pain. If you go to the store they will scan and activate, plus they can help you set up the phone if you like.by azlady225/22/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- To activate your Family Mobile account, you must buy a Family Mobile Activation Kit which costs $25 and it comes with a SIM card. Cheers!by LGOptimusT12/31/2012Was this answer helpful? (13) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You have to go to http://www.straighttalksim.com/ ... walmart presently doesn't sell these directly. After that, you can buy airtime at any walmart store or at walmart.com to provide for your phone.by josephw676/19/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (16)Was this answer helpful?
- This is the activation kit which gets you the SIM card to put in your phone so you can access the Family Mobile service. This is a one-time charge of $25. Additionally you must get a monthly service plan: "Every line has unlimited talk and text, so customers can be assured of no surprise overages when they receive their bill each month. The first line of service is just $45 per month and each additional line is only $25 per month."by Zappattazz6/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (7)Was this answer helpful?
- Your data plan is an additional fee over and above the $45 per line they charge for unlimited calling and text. You have different data packs that you can purchase and you can add them at any time as well.by azlady226/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope, Family Mobile is not the same as AT&T as far as the additional charges for data. It works a bit differently. To access data on Family Mobile, you have to buy what they call "Extras Pack refill card" and they charge the data to that Extras Pack refill card. For example, you can buy a $40 Extras Pack and you get $1000 MB of data. Cheers!by LGOptimusT6/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (11) (2)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Do you have to buy starter kit for each lines (ex. family of 3) or just one and it would for all three lines?
- Your 1st question: Starter kit contains the SIM card which allow your T-Mobile compatible handset to connect to the Family Mobile service. One-time charge of $25. You must get a separate starter kit for each phone which will be connecting to the Family Mobile service. During your communication with customer service as part of the activation process, you get your number(s) (or steps to keep your existing number) after choosing one-line service or multiple lines. Your second question: The cost stated on the website is the pricing if you choose to use a credit card to purchase the activation kit online for shipping to your home or delivered to your nearest Walmart for pickup. The pamphlet price, that you see at the store counter, is if you pay for it in the store along with any other in store purchases.by Zappattazz4/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you need a starter kit for each line at $25.00 This is the SIM card needed to activate the service. You will also need unlocked phones if they are not already T-Mobile lines. Once completed your cost is $45. for the 1st line and then $35 for each additional line. The area codes for all 3 must be the same or they will have different accounts. The $25 was a promotion when it launched.by azlady224/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you do have to buy a started kit for each line (family of 3 activation = $75). The second price is correct. In the past, the price was $25 for additional lines but now it's $35 for additional lines. Cheers!by LGOptimusT7/22/2012Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?