Based on incredibly precise and fluid gunplay and maintaining the series' famed dark and cinematic approach, Max Payne 3 follows the famed former New York detective onto the streets of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Max Payne now works in executive protection for the wealthy Rodrigo Branco in the hopes of escaping the memories of his troubled past. When a street gang kidnaps Rodrigo's wife, Max is pulled into a conspiracy of shadowy, warring factions threading every aspect of Sao Paulo society in a deadly web that threatens to engulf everyone and everything around him. In a first for the series, Max Payne 3's multiplayer offering brings the game's cinematic feel, fluid gunplay and kinetic sense of movement into the realm of online multiplayer.
- Multiplayer - Max Payne 3 introduces an explosive and innovative multiplayer experience, bringing Max Payne's signature Shootdodge and Bullet Time gameplay features along with a range of new and expanded special abilities into the arena of competitive online multiplayer.
- Weapons - From automatics to handguns to rifles and explosives, Max wields (and dual-wields) a wide range of high-powered weaponry in both single player and multiplayer. Max Payne 3 provides devastating firepower for any and all situations that call for decisive and punishing action.
- Characters and Gangs - From New York to Sao Paulo, explore intelligence gathered on the characters and gangs that you will encounter throughout the treacherous story of Max Payne 3.
- Realism - Just some of the behind-the-scenes research and production design done over the course of Max Payne 3's development, from information and asset-gathering trips down to Sao Paulo, to local casting for pedestrian types in all the game's levels, to extensive study of municipal law-enforcement wings, weaponry and much more.
- Special Bonus Features - Enjoy special game-related features including soundtrack info, PlayStation trophies, as well as special events and contest opportunities for fans and Rockstar Games Social Club members.
- Warranty Info: Software license terms in game and www.rockstargames.com/eula; online account terms at www.rockstargames.com/socialclub. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services, or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or online account registration (13+). Violation of EULA, Code of Conduct, or other policies may result in restriction or termination of access to game or online account. Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms. Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission, public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Partial Nudity, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol, and Intense Violence