Similar items in stock
- $29.37 Was $37.84Save $8.47
Mr. Heater Big Buddy Heater
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Buddy Heater heats up to approximately 400 square feet and has three temperature settings of high, low and medium. It features quick-connect assembly and an automatic low oxygen shutoff system. The Mr. Heater has swivel regulators and can be used in cabins, RV's, workshops, patios, porches and more.
Mr. Heater Big Buddy Heater:
- 4,000, 9,000 and 18,000 BTU/hr
- 3 temperature settings: Hi, Med and Low
- Swivel regulators for easy installation of 1 lb propane cylinders
- Quick-connect assembly for hose assembly
- Big buddy propane heater features automatic low oxygen shutoff system
- Accidental tip-over shutoff
- Heats up to approximately 400 sq ft
- Connect directly to two 1 lb disposable propane cylinders or to a 20 lb cylinder with optional hose and filter
- CSA certified
- Uses include:
- Picnic areas
- Emergency heat
- Not for sale in CA or MA
|BTU:||18000 , 18,000|
|Maximum Room Size:||sq ft sq ft|
|Color:||Red , Black|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||F274885|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||11.00 x 18.00 x 16.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- no fan but it still keeps the house plenty warm on low. i have 9,000 BTU and my house stayed around 71 degress on lowby bracewood725/2/2016Was this answer helpful? (10) (8)Was this answer helpful?
- Ye, it has a fan.by YourAdHere1/17/2016Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does have a heather but it uses D batteries for the fanby nova7111/16/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- YES. It runs on 4 Ds or you can order an AC to DC plug.by Vistagraphs1/21/2016Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it takes D batteries to operate the fan or an adapter Mr. Heater sells as an accessory.by LoveBoats12/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- YES - has a blower fan to circulate the heat -not obnoxious like some electric fans - consider it as mild background soundby pamspam1/18/2016Was this answer helpful? (12) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- While many people use these indoor and the manufacturer sort of says its safe if you have it well vented, it puts out a lot of carbon monoxide!!! Other then that it works great, unless you use it with batteries. Google these heaters and fire. they are known to catch fire! Never leave it unattended, or go to sleep with this heater on!!! Play it safe, your life is on the line!!!by Bud4u1/6/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- yes just make sure you do have a window cracked just a bit for exaust my house stayed plenty warm at 71 degrees on low. I placedit by my air conditiner whis has a small amount of a draft from outside and I was very cozyby bracewood721/6/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It is rated as indoor-safe. You should still test for leaks and get a CO detector. Do not leave it running when you get to bed.by YourAdHere1/6/2016Was this answer helpful? (7) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- YES but only if you use the one pount canisters. It takes two. you can use a twenty pound tank but you need a hose and the tank must stay outdoor. If Walmart does not have hoses you can use either the F273704 or F271803. Neither needs a fuel filter and one comes with a regulator, the other uses Buddy's internal regulator. Both can be ordered from Northern Tool or Mr. Heater.by Vistagraphs1/6/2016Was this answer helpful? (7) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- "safe" - YES - We used to use kerosene heater but its hard to find the white kerosene in our area anymore (plus price) My husband uses this in his "man cave" in the unfinished basement workshop. In the coldest winter months in PA it takes him about a month to get through 1 tank of propane. Nice big knob for adjustments to temperature, has the "tip-over" feature to auto-shut off. No odor/fumes like the kerosene heater use your common sense around toddlers - like any heating device.by pamspam1/21/2016Was this answer helpful? (12) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- the one pound green bottle last between 5 and 6 hours on low which is plenty of heat so im sure a 20 pound bottle will last a good 30 or more hoursby bracewood721/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (7) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- Model No. MH18B Stock No. F274800 4,000/9,000/18,000 BTU/HR Gas: Propane Operating Position: Vertical Valve Position: Pilot, Lo, Med. & Hi Heating Time: One 1lb. Cylinder: 1.5 to 6 hours Two 1lb. Cylinders: 3 to 12 hours Two 20lb. Cylinders: 50 to 220 hours Fan Run Time: 30 hours using four fresh Alkaline D-cell batteries Overall Dimensions: 17"L X 10"W X 17 1/2"H Shipping Weight: 16 lbs.by YourAdHere1/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (15) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- On one 20lb. cylinder, it should run about 55 hours on medium.by ikuriakos1/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (9) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- A 20# tank hold five gallons. A gallon weighs 4.23 pounds. The fuel in a canister weighs 1.6 pounds. On medium a canister will last 4 hours on medium. A 20# tank holds 21.15 pounds. 21.15 divided by 1.6 x 4 = 50.3 hours. On low you will get about 76 hours.by Vistagraphs3/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (14) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Its takes about a month using it at nights and on weekends - if running constantly - less. On box it lists: 1lb cylinder - 1.5-6 hours; 1 20 lb cylinder 25-110hrs, 2 20 lb cylinders 50-220hrs.by pamspam3/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (21) (4)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- $16.71 List price $39.99Save $23.28
- $23.49 Was $29.08Save $5.59
- $23.49 List price $24.99Save $1.50