About this item
Modern Warfare 3 delivers a full assault on gamers' senses, including an intense single-player campaign that picks up immediately following the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and escalates into World War 3, as well as groundbreaking upgrades to the beloved Special Ops like the all-new Survival Mode. Special Ops serves as the perfect springboard to Modern Warfare 3's re-imagined multiplayer, featuring the series' trademark visceral gun-on-gun combat, a revamped pointstreak system with the introduction of "Strike Packages," devastating new modes like "Kill Confirmed" and other gameplay enhancements, new features and a bevy of new weapons, equipment, and perks.
- Pointstreaks and Strike Packages: Killstreaks, benefits and abilities awarded for stringing together multiple kills, have been transformed into Pointstreaks, creating a system that rewards players both for landing kills and completing objectives. These rewards have been broken up into three different categories, known as Strike Packages:
- Assault - Pointstreaks within this package chain together and deal direct damage. It includes classics like the Predator Missile and Attack Helicopter. Your streak resets on death.
- Support - Pointstreaks within this package do not chain, focusing instead on surveillance and disruption. Your streak does not reset on death meaning they will respawn with you.
- Specialist - Pointstreaks within this package are designed for advanced players. Rewards come in the form of additional perks for optimal performance. These perks last until death.
- Weapon Proficiencies: Just like your player, weapons now rank up, unlocking additional attachments, reticules, camos and the new proficiency category. Weapon Proficiencies not only allow you to get better with weapons, they also allow you customize your weapons with helpful attributes such as "Kick" for reduced recoil, "Impact" for deeper penetration through hard surfaces and much more. Many proficiencies are specific to their weapons class. And all are geared towards enhancing a certain play style and can allow for efficient use of your favorite weapons in maps and game modes in which they might not otherwise be the best choice.
- Modes and Match Customization: Along with the return of the fan favorites Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 introduces several new game modes. Collect dog tags from killed players, including those on your squad while you prevent the opposing squad from taking yours in Kill Confirmed mode. In Team Defender mode, grab the flag and protect the flag carrier for as long as you can to increase your team's score.
- 2-player Co-op Special Ops Survival Mode: Special Ops cooperative action returns with a bevy of additions, including 16 new objective-based missions and the all-new Survival Mode. Team up online, locally, or play solo and face endless waves of attacking enemies throughout every multiplayer map. Purchase and customize your weapons, air support, equipment and abilities to stand up against increasingly difficult forces and land a spot on the leaderboards. Earn experience and rank up with the newly implemented progression system. The higher the rank, the more weapons, air support, and gear armories you will have available to customize so you can change your tactics on the fly. In addition to the action packed battle for freedom, the cooperative Survival Mode also serves as an effective training tool for competitive multiplayer action.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Drug Reference, and Intense Violence
|Genre:||Fighting & Shooting|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.3|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 5.0 x 0.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Noby c0dmw35/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, you can only play with other Wii players.by Bdaygiftgiver5/16/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no two different platformsby 12andgrowin1/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No my husband wanted to be able to do that but you can only play with Wii players.by coorswife1/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no. xbox plays with xbox. playstation plays with playstation. wii plays with wii. however, there is online multiplayer. it's best if you play with either a wii zapper or a classic controller.by jaytheman1/20/2012Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- your remote and nunchuk will work zapper is just plastic gun shape that remote and nunchuk fit into to simulate small machine gunby 12andgrowin12/16/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Remote and nunchuk will do but a classic Wii handheld controller works best.by bmgsamama2/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i didnt buy that for the game and they are playing it okby momma114556/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Nopeby ZachD8/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, but its your option to use them or not.by Haze78/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Nopeby 12andgrowin9/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?