Check out these related products
- $11.15 Was $13.39Save $2.24
- $11.08 Was $13.43Save $2.35
- $13.30 List price $16.95Save $3.65
- $10.62 List price $16.00Save $5.38
- $13.71 List price $17.95Save $4.24
- $14.18 Was $15.22Save $1.04
- $12.58 Was $13.95Save $1.37
- $13.48 Was $14.94Save $1.46
- $26.00 Was $34.80Save $8.80
- $13.52 Was $14.27Save $0.75
- $10.81 List price $16.95Save $6.14
- $10.60 List price $16.00Save $5.40
- $22.16 List price $26.95Save $4.79
The Last Empire: Essays 1992-2000
Consider these popular products
- $16.22 List price $26.00Save $9.78
- $10.71 List price $18.00Save $7.29
- $18.98 List price $27.95Save $8.97
- $8.92 Was $11.98Save $3.06
- $43.46 List price $58.00Save $14.54
- $9.78 Was $10.40Save $0.62
- $9.75 List price $16.00Save $6.25
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
In an anthology of essays, Vidal shares his thoughts on a wide range of literary, historical, political, and personal subjects, from appreciation for Mark Twain to distressing developments in American politics.
Like his National Book Award--winning "United States, "Gore Vidal's scintillating ninth collection, The Last Empire," "affirms his reputation as our most provocative critic and observer of the modern American scene. In the essays collected here, Vidal brings his keen intellect, experience, and razor-edged wit to bear on an astonishing range of subjects. From his celebrated profiles of Clare Boothe Luce and Charles Lindbergh and his controversial essay about the Bill of Rights-which sparked an extended correspondence with convicted Oklahoma City Bomber Timothy McVeigh-to his provocative analyses of literary icons such as John Updike and Mark Twain and his trenchant observations about terrorism, civil liberties, the CIA, Al Gore, Tony Blair, and the Clintons, Vidal weaves a rich tapestry of personal anecdote, critical insight, and historical detail. Written between the first presidential campaign of Bill Clinton and the electoral crisis of 2000, The Last Empire is a sweeping coda to the last century's conflicted vision of the American dream.
|Number of Pages:||480|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||July, 2002|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.