Kirby's Return to Dream Land finds the heroic pink puff striving to help recover pieces of a spaceship that has crash-landed on Kirby's home planet of Popstar. When Kirby encounters foes, he can inhale them to absorb their abilities - wielding a lasso or swinging a sword, for example. Inhaling special enemies can also grant Kirby Super Abilities that let him wipe out vast landscapes or an entire screen's worth of enemies in one stroke, while a Super Inhale move allows him to spit out enemies or objects as giant projectiles. As many as three additional players can join in the fun, playing as differently colored Kirbys or as other favorite characters from the series: Meta Knight, King Dedede or Waddle Dee.
- Kirby's powerful Copy Ability returns, allowing him to inhale, spit and transform as he encounters enemies. Players can deploy classic and new abilities, including:
- Sword: Kirby dons a green cap and wields a sword.
- Beam: Kirby wears a jester hat and can shoot energy from a magic wand.
- Whip: Kirby wears a cowboy hat and can lasso enemies.
- Leaf: Kirby is surrounded by a whirlwind of leaves.
- The game also introduces new Super Abilities, which are activated when Kirby inhales special enemy characters. For example, the "Super Sword" Super Ability allows Kirby to swing a giant sword and wipe out an entire screen's worth of foes.
- Up to four players can enjoy the action together. (Additional controllers required and sold separately.) They play cooperatively to progress through the game and collect Point Stars and Ability Stars. Players can join and leave the game at any time.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Mild Cartoon Violence