Consider these popular products
- $74.88 List price $89.88Save $15.00
- $25.88 List price $39.98Save $14.10
- from $64.11
Sony BDPS185 Blu-ray Player
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Get HD picture quality and stream online content with this Sony Blu-ray player.
Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray Disc Player:
- DVD upscaling to 1080p
- Multiformat disc playback
- 1 x HDMI port
- Access to free online entertainment
- Easy to use menu system
- Internet Video Streaming
Instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more.
- USB Input
Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device to your Sony Blu-ray player
- Energy Star compliant
Sony Blu-ray player lmeets Energy Star 2.0 standards. Electric power consumption is significantly reduced during both use and standby.
- Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p playback
Enjoy Blu-ray Disc movies in brilliant high-definition resolution3or upscale the quality of your DVDs to near HD.4
Socialize feature allows you to post a message to the leading social media sites so you can share information about the Internet videos and music that you're enjoying on your Sony Blu-ray Disc player.
- I/P Noise Reduction
Improve the picture quality of Internet entertainment and enjoy crisp, clear images on your HDTV.
- Dolby TrueHD & dts-HD internal decoding and bitstream output via HDMI 5
Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD (Master Audio and High Resolution Audio) codecs reproduces high definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio so you can enjoy uncompromised audio.
|Product Type:||Blu-ray disc player|
|Connector Type:||1 x USB ( 4 pin USB Type A ) - front 1 x composite video output ( RCA phono ) - rear 1 x HDMI output ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear 1 x digital audio output (coaxial) ( RCA phono ) - rear 1 x network ( RJ-45 ) - rear 1 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear|
|Cables Included:||1 x A/V cable|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.331|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.4 x 11.41 x 1.67|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, also the remote has a full qwerty keyboard on the underside.by Jonah692/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Absolutely!by JenJen181/31/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- YESby GIJoshua1/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it has a remote with two AA batteries includedby Shopper1019812/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, all Sony Blu-ray Disc player come with remote control.by SonyListens11/30/2011Written by a verified representative from SonyListensWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You DO NOT have to have an HDTV. This unit has the red/white/yellow RCA outputs to use with older TVs.by GIJoshua1/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you can use it on any type (it works on my moms tv and it's super old) you just won't get the full effect of blu ray or hd... It'll look like any other DVD. But if you're buying for streaming to Netflix or whatever be sure to have an Ethernet cord as this product is not wifi enabled.by Shopper1019812/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You don't have to have an HD TV. But there is no point in having a blu-ray player on a standard definition TV. Your picture quality will look exactly the same with blu-ray as it does with DVD. So, no you don't have to have an HD TV, but it will not benefit you to own blu-ray unless you have an HD TV.by LSUTiger8811/29/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes to get the best performance from this device a 1080p tv is requiredby socks36933/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The Sony DC-BDPS185 Blu-ray Player is compatible with older Television with composite (RCA AV) input.by SonyListens5/5/2012Written by a verified representative from SonyListensWas this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, you have to connect an Ethernet cable to both your router and the Bluray playerby JenJen182/1/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This unit DOES NOT have a wireless card in it, to stream content (Netflix, Hulu+, etc.) you MUST connect it to a router via CAT5e cable.by GIJoshua1/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO!! I made the mistake of assuming it was by the description, you have to have an Ethernet cord directly connecting your MODEM to your player =\by Shopper101981/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is not wifi ready. It will need a network connection line.by Hop4111/30/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no ethernet onlyby socks369311/30/2011Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?