Capitol Punishment: The Hard Truth About Washington Corruption from America's Most Notorious Lobbyist
Check out these related products
- $17.44 List price $18.99Save $1.55
- $14.97 List price $17.99Save $3.02
- $20.34 List price $27.95Save $7.61
- $18.93 List price $25.95Save $7.02
- $11.31 List price $16.00Save $4.69
- $47.60 List price $55.00Save $7.40
- $36.57 List price $49.95Save $13.38
- $14.58 List price $20.00Save $5.42
- $22.19 List price $36.95Save $14.76
- $40.14 List price $65.00Save $24.86
- $18.91 Was $20.12Save $1.21
- $20.60 List price $25.99Save $5.39
- $20.13 List price $24.95Save $4.82
- $14.39 Was $17.13Save $2.74
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
He's a perfect bundle of contradictions: an Orthodox Jew and upstanding family man with a staunch moral streak, caught in multiple scandals of bribery and corruption with an undercurrent of murder. Sentenced to prison in the largest scandal in Washington, Abramoff pulls back the curtain on K Street and shows the dirty underbelly of America's government and what steps must be taken to reform it.
The name Jack Abramoff is synonymous with Washington scandal, but the fascinating facts of his case are either largely unknown or wildly misunderstood. His memoir will serve as a corrective - an engrossing, informative work of political nonfiction that is also a gripping real-life thriller. The biggest surprise twist comes in the form of Abramoff himself, a smart, funny, charming, clear-eyed narrator who confounds every expectation of the media's villainous portrait. He's a perfect bundle of contradictions: an Orthodox Jew and upstanding family man with a staunch moral streak, caught in multiple scandals of bribery and corruption with an undercurrent of murder. Abramoff represented Indian tribes whose lucrative casinos were constantly under threat from proposed changes in law; though he charged the tribes many millions, he saved them billions by ensuring votes to support the livelihoods of their reservations. Much of Jack's share was funneled not into his own coffers, but to charities. Abramoff on the front pages could not be further from the Jack Abramoff who's ready to tell his honest and compelling story.
|Number of Pages:||303|
|Publisher:||Midpoint Trade Books Inc|
|Publication Date:||November, 2011|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.25 x 1.25 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $12.02 Was $19.99Save $7.97
- $10.62 List price $18.00Save $7.38
- $10.71 List price $17.95Save $7.24
- $25.13 List price $31.95Save $6.82
- $12.55 List price $20.00Save $7.45
- $11.60 List price $17.00Save $5.40
- $13.10 List price $17.00Save $3.90