Similar items in stock
- $99.79 List price $249.00Save $149.21
- $132.20 List price $247.99Save $115.79
Ruger 5801 Mini-14 Ranch SA .223 Remington/5.56 NATO 18.5" 5+1, Hardwood Stock, Blue
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$19.72 Was $23.66Save $3.94
- $5.32 Was $6.27Save $0.95
About this item
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. will this handel the 5.56x45 or is it a .223 only know ruger's site says its a 5.56 or 223
- It handles 5.56 perfectly. That's all I use in mine and it's completely safe to do so.by TxWheels1/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Generally, if chambered for the 5.56, you can fire the .223, but if chambered for .223, the 5.56 may not extract as the case will expand on firing and jam.by Mikee211/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 5.56 Nato will work, so yes it will take the 5.56x45.by BUTX3/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle chambered in .223 will handle 5.56x45. Printed on the receiver of the gun states "CAL. .223" but according to all of the documentation provided by Ruger, The Ranch and Tactical versions are built to be capable of also firing 5.56x45. Accordingly, the Target version is the only one that explicitly states .223 onlyby Termanader1/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It will handle 5.56 NATO or 223 REM. the twist is 1:9 so it will handle 55 - 62 gr fodder. 1:7 is much better for heavier shells 77 gr and up which extend the range up to 600 yds w ease.by Gonzilla1/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (13) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If Ruger says its 5.56 or .223 then, it will fire both. However, if it only rated as .223 then, you should expect trouble with using 5.56. The 5.56mm ammo has thicker brass - I am told the military wanted thicker brass to ensure they would not have any problem with high rates of fire. It was suggested that a gunsmith could slightly enlarge the chamber if you had a .223 and wanted to use 5.56mm ammo-y need check that first.by Samsamsamsam11/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (9)Was this answer helpful?
- 5.56x45 is the same thing as a .223 5.56 is the NATO round which has a slightly higher chamber pressure. Now days, any rifle that fires .223 also can withstand the c.u.p. of a nato roundby awesomesauce2701/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (27) (12)Was this answer helpful?
- Yesby HuskerSixtysix4/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can order ruger mags for this rifle in 10 round, 20 round and 30 round mags directly from ruger on their web site. Currently due to shortages they well let you order up to 5 magazines for any modle of ruger firearm at a time and they will be shipped as they come into ruger on a first come first service basis.by mike1470612/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This rifle will accept any magazine that will fit.... I have 2 30 rd and 4 20 rd made by Colt that works perfectly.by LL6812/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It will accept 10, 20 and 30 round magazinesby TxWheels12/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have never seen a Ruger 10rd for sale. It comes with a flush 5rd and I have bought 20rd and 30rd clips for it. Do not buy other then Ruger Mags for this. I know they are expensive but all the other ones I have tried jam. I have never had a jam with a ruger clipby StrayKatJJL10/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this rifle will accept a 10 or 20 round magazine, if you can find one.by GHMann1/22/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This rifle can take larger magazines such as a 20 round magazine.by TheArizonaKid12/19/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes - I could not get them at my Walmart went to Academy Sports bought a 20 and 30 rd. I also think they make a Beta Drum for this carbine (100 rds).by BUTX10/30/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes they do take higher capacity clips/magazines. They are available from the manufacturer or most Dealerships. SportsmansGuide also has them.by heatman0110/30/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Ruger makes 5,10,20 and 30 round capacity magazines. There are also some after market 40 rounders. However buyer beware of the non-Ruger magazines. Please check your local and state laws regarding high-capacity magazines as well.by Termanader11/12/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, 5 rd, 20 rd, and 30 rd mags. I run Only genuine Ruger mags - 20 rd is my favorite.by Gonzilla10/31/2014Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- First of all I have to say this rifle is AWESOMESAUCE! I have 2 of them, and you can buy magazines all day long for them. All kinds of mods are available for ruger rifles now days. Honestly barebones, this thing is as fun as my ar-15.by awesomesauce27011/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (19) (3)Was this answer helpful?