With a roster featuring over 30 hand-drawn fighters, a number of detailed stages bursting with life, over a half dozen play modes, a refined fighting engine built for speed and complete with new moves and supers, a vastly improved Online mode, and a host of other additions, tweaks, and enhancements, The King of Fighters XIII represents a rebirth for one of gaming's longest tenured franchises and one of the most popular fighting brands ever.
- Ultimate Mode: Along with the features of Extra and Advanced Modes, gamers will find the newly added Ultimate Mode which allows players to choose any kind of movement, evasion action, and power gauge.
- New Characters: A total of 9 new characters including Eiji Kisaragi from KOF '95, Kasumi Todoh, Geese Howard, Mr. Big, Wolfgang Krauser and Goenitz from KOF '96 as well as Orochi Iori, Orochi Leona and Orochi from KOF '97! Players will also find newly added characters like the King, Blue Mary, Ryuji Yamazaki, and Geese Howard to expand combat options.
- New Additions and Alterations to Graphics: Openings and Character Select screens have been redesigned.
- Includes the original NEOGEO version of The King of Fighters '98.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Violence