The Last Dive: A Father and Son's Fatal Descent into the Ocean's Depths
Check out these related products
- $11.63 List price $16.99Save $5.36
- $13.24 List price $15.99Save $2.75
- $18.35 List price $26.99Save $8.64
- $14.42 List price $16.99Save $2.57
- $24.72 List price $28.99Save $4.27
- $22.57 List price $27.99Save $5.42
- $19.43 List price $23.99Save $4.56
- $14.64 List price $15.99Save $1.35
- $13.01 List price $15.99Save $2.98
- $18.14 List price $26.99Save $8.85
- $20.05 List price $27.99Save $7.94
- $11.79 List price $15.99Save $4.20
- $22.90 List price $35.00Save $12.10
- $20.13 List price $28.99Save $8.86
- $14.07 List price $17.99Save $3.92
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A world-class explorer and diver offers an evocative study of the lure, thrills, and danger of scuba diving from the perspective of the tragic true story of the deaths of Chris and Chrisy Rouse, a father and son, from decompression sickness during a deep-sea accident. Reprint. 125,000 first printing.
Chris and Chrissy Rouse, an experienced father-and-son scuba diving team, hoped to achieve widespread recognition for their outstanding but controversial diving skills. Obsessed and ambitious, they sought to solve the secrets of a mysterious, undocumented World War II German U-boat that lay under 230 feet of water, only a half-day's mission from New York Harbor. In doing so, they paid the ultimate price in their quest for fame.
Bernie Chowdhury, himself an expert diver and a close friend of the Rouses', explores the thrill-seeking world of deep-sea diving, including its legendary figures, most celebrated triumphs, and gruesome tragedies. By examining the diver's psychology through the complex father-and-son dynamic, Chowdhury illuminates the extreme sport diver's push toward--and sometimes beyond--the limits of human endurance.
|Publish Date:||Mar 2002|
|Number of Pages:||384|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.5 x 8.0 x 0.75|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.