Similar items in stock
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Consider these popular products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Modern Warfare 3 delivers a full assault on gamers' senses, including an intense single-player campaign that picks up immediately following the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and escalates into World War 3, as well as groundbreaking upgrades to the beloved Special Ops like the all-new Survival Mode. Special Ops serves as the perfect springboard to Modern Warfare 3's re-imagined multiplayer, featuring the series' trademark visceral gun-on-gun combat, a revamped pointstreak system with the introduction of "Strike Packages," devastating new modes like "Kill Confirmed" and other gameplay enhancements, new features and a bevy of new weapons, equipment, and perks.
- Pointstreaks and Strike Packages: Killstreaks, benefits and abilities awarded for stringing together multiple kills, have been transformed into Pointstreaks, creating a system that rewards players both for landing kills and completing objectives. These rewards have been broken up into three different categories, known as Strike Packages:
- Assault - Pointstreaks within this package chain together and deal direct damage. It includes classics like the Predator Missile and Attack Helicopter. Your streak resets on death.
- Support - Pointstreaks within this package do not chain, focusing instead on surveillance and disruption. Your streak does not reset on death meaning they will respawn with you.
- Specialist - Pointstreaks within this package are designed for advanced players. Rewards come in the form of additional perks for optimal performance. These perks last until death.
- Weapon Proficiencies: Just like your player, weapons now rank up, unlocking additional attachments, reticules, camos and the new proficiency category. Weapon Proficiencies not only allow you to get better with weapons, they also allow you customize your weapons with helpful attributes such as "Kick" for reduced recoil, "Impact" for deeper penetration through hard surfaces and much more. Many proficiencies are specific to their weapons class. And all are geared towards enhancing a certain play style and can allow for efficient use of your favorite weapons in maps and game modes in which they might not otherwise be the best choice.
- Modes and Match Customization: Along with the return of the fan favorites Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 introduces several new game modes. Collect dog tags from killed players, including those on your squad while you prevent the opposing squad from taking yours in Kill Confirmed mode. In Team Defender mode, grab the flag and protect the flag carrier for as long as you can to increase your team's score. In addition players will enjoy user generated match mode functionality which allows you to configure any mode how you want it and then share these over the Call of Duty: Elite online service.
- 2-player Co-op Special Ops Survival Mode: Special Ops cooperative action returns with a bevy of additions, including 16 new objective-based missions and the all-new Survival Mode. Team up online, locally, or play solo and face endless waves of attacking enemies throughout every multiplayer map. Purchase and customize your weapons, air support, equipment and abilities to stand up against increasingly difficult forces and land a spot on the leaderboards. Earn experience and rank up with the newly implemented progression system. The higher the rank, the more weapons, air support, and gear armories you will have available to customize so you can change your tactics on the fly. In addition to the action packed battle for freedom, the cooperative Survival Mode also serves as an effective training tool for competitive multiplayer action.
- Call of Duty: Elite: Call of Duty: Elite is an online multiplayer oriented service launched simultaneously with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The service offers both free and subscription based levels of access and is dedicated to the game franchise, featuring lifetime statistics across multiple games, social-networking options, competitions, a mobile app, Facebook integration and more.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Drug Reference, and Intense Violence
|Genre:||Fighting & Shooting|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.3|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 5.0 x 0.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- no it will only work on a ps3 .by jrichey11/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO the ps3 uses BlueRay disc's the ps2 dvd'sby Zach24655/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- no just get a ps3by hockeygod19872/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- NO, ps3 games are downloaded into a blue ray CD. Ps2 can not read blue ray.by pheng12312/31/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. No ps3 game can run on a PS2. A PS3 has something like 1 million times more processing power.by PlasmaNugget12/27/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby Brad9612/25/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I don,t believe they can.by jrichey11/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it can be turned offby Zach24654/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it says "notice in this campaign level there is some disturbing content do you want to skip this content but i watched it :Dby hockeygod198711/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- noby Monafis12/15/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Probably, every other title in the series had a similiar option.by PlasmaNugget1/16/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- noby hockeygod19871/31/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby Brad9612/23/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no i dont think soby Monafis12/15/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it is not.by PlasmaNugget12/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No it isnt (move) compatible it should be thoughby sandibrewer12/8/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (2)Was this answer helpful?