Check out these related products
- $14.46 List price $19.99Save $5.53
- $17.49 List price $20.00Save $2.51
- $22.19 List price $24.95Save $2.76
- $12.28 List price $15.00Save $2.72
- $14.03 List price $15.95Save $1.92
- $13.36 List price $15.00Save $1.64
- $11.11 List price $16.00Save $4.89
- $9.37 List price $15.00Save $5.63
- $21.61 List price $26.95Save $5.34
- $10.82 List price $14.95Save $4.13
- $9.06 Was $9.99Save $0.93
- $11.08 List price $17.95Save $6.87
- $9.96 List price $15.95Save $5.99
- $12.78 List price $16.95Save $4.17
- $19.40 List price $23.99Save $4.59
The Baker's Daughter
Consider these popular products
- $19.25 List price $30.00Save $10.75
- $7.48 List price $9.99Save $2.51
- $8.36 List price $10.99Save $2.63
- $9.52 Was $11.75Save $2.23
- $6.38 List price $9.99Save $3.61
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Random House Inc, 2011, ISBN13 9780307460189, ISBN10 0307460185
In 1945, Elsie Schmidt is a naive teenager, as eager for her first sip of champagne as she is for her first kiss. She and her family have been protected from the worst of the terror and desperation overtaking her country by a high-ranking Nazi who wishes to marry her. So when an escaped Jewish boy arrives on Elsie's doorstep in the dead of night on Christmas Eve, Elsie understands that opening the door would put all she loves in danger.
Sixty years later, in El Paso, Texas, Reba Adams is trying to file a feel-good Christmas piece for the local magazine. Reba is perpetually on the run from memories of a turbulent childhood, but she's been in El Paso long enough to get a full-time job and a fiance, Riki Chavez. Riki, an agent with the U.S. Border Patrol, finds comfort in strict rules and regulations, whereas Reba feels that lines are often blurred.
Reba's latest assignment has brought her to the shop of an elderly baker across town. The interview should take a few hours at most, but the owner of Elsie's German Bakery is no easy subject. Reba finds herself returning to the bakery again and again, anxious to find the heart of the story. For Elsie, Reba's questions are a stinging reminder of darker times: her life in Germany during that last bleak year of WWII. And as Elsie, Reba, and Riki's lives become more intertwined, all are forced to confront the uncomfortable truths of the past and seek out the courage to forgive.
|Number of Pages:||292|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||January, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.