Customers also viewed these products
Check out these related products
- $8.00 Was $14.12Save $6.12
- $7.55 Was $8.95Save $1.40
- $8.68 Was $9.99Save $1.31
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Ten-year-old Bud, a motherless boy living in Flint, Michigan, during the Great Depression, escapes a bad foster home and sets out in search of the man he believes to be his father--the renowned bandleader, H.E. Calloway of Grand Rapids.
The Newbery Medal and Coretta Scott King Award-winning classic about a boy who decides to hit the road to find his father from Christopher Paul Curtis, author of "The Watsons Go To Birmingham 1963," a Newbery and Coretta Scott King Honoree.
It s 1936, in Flint Michigan. Times may be hard, and ten-year-old Bud may be a motherless boy on the run, but Bud s got a few things going for him:
1. He has his own suitcase full of special things.
2. He s the author of "Bud Caldwell s Rules and Things for Having a Funner Life and Making a Better Liar Out of Yourself."
3. His momma never told him who his father was, but she left a clue: flyers advertising Herman E. Calloway and his famous band, the Dusky Devastators of the Depression
Bud s got an idea that those flyers will lead him to his father. Once he decides to hit the road to find this mystery man, nothing can stop him not hunger, not fear, not vampires, not even Herman E. Calloway himself.
AN ALA BEST BOOK FOR YOUNG ADULTS
AN ALA NOTABLE CHILDREN'S BOOK
AN IRA CHILDREN'S BOOK AWARD WINNER
NAMED TO 14 STATE AWARD LISTS
The book is a gem, of value to all ages, not just the young people to whom it is aimed. "The Christian Science Monitor"
Will keep readers engrossed from first page to last. "Publishers Weekly," Starred
Curtis writes with a razor-sharp intelligence that grabs the reader by the heart and never lets go. . . . This highly recommended title is] at the top of the list of books to be read again and again. "Voice of Youth Advocates," Starred
|Number of Pages:||256|
|Author:||Curtis, Christopher Paul|
|Primary Shelf ID:||656799|
|Publisher:||Random House Childrens Books|
|Publication Date:||January, 2002|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 7.50 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $33.72 List price $54.97Save $21.25
- $8.99 List price $9.99Save $1.00
- $5.60 Was $6.35Save $0.75
- $6.20 Was $6.80Save $0.60
- $6.39 Was $8.46Save $2.07
- $6.29 List price $7.99Save $1.70