IOGEAR High-speed Wireless-N Compact USB Adapter
Customers also considered
About this item
About this item
The IOGEAR Compact Wireless-N USB Adapter allows you to connect your laptop or desktop to any Wireless-N network in your home or office. This USB network adapter is the perfect solution for those users who want to upgrade older computers to the next generation of wireless technology. Using dual antennas, the IOGEAR Compact Wireless-N Network Adapter provides data rates up to 300Mbps and reduces Wi-Fi dead zones in your wireless environment. This new standard supplies sufficient bandwidth for faster file transfer, music downloads, video streaming, online gaming, and HD multimedia applications. IOGEAR Compact Wireless-N USB Adapter: " Add high-speed Internet access to any USB enabled computer " 1T2R multiple radio technology improves effective throughput " Plugs into your computer's USB port " Compatible network standards: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, and IEEE 802.11b " Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) simplifies secure and easy wireless configuration " WEP, TKZP, AES, WPA and WPA2 hardware encryption schemes " Supports ad-hoc and infrastructure modes " Supports USB 2.0 with up to 300Mbps transfer rate " Backward compatible to USB 1.1 and 1.2 " Compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac or Linux OS
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||3.25|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||12.5 x 6.0 x 11.5|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes!by k01111/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It's compatible with both operating systems.by NEWMEXICOCAVEMAN4/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hi, my one Laptop which has the modem and router is Vista and the other one a desk top Windows XP works off it good. it reg. the IEP address of modem and gives the other computer a different IEP address, so both can be on at same time.by RefinedLady4/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby tosky1/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm running Windows XP on an older Dell and the adapter works fine.by JBW11524/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby steeldragon1/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I'm new to these things and i was wondering if you just have to plug them in and them you have internet or do you have to buy something additional?
- Hi, do you have internet on another computer or lap top? you need the internet service they provide their modem, and you use a router which sends the signals to the wireless adapter. This is an additional device to get internet off either like ATT, to use if you have maybe two computers. would need one for each that are not directly connected to internet provider.by RefinedLady1/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There has to be a wireless router nearby. If you are in a hotel or restaurant lobby that provides Internet service this device should allow you to access it. If you are at home, you will need to have your own Internet service with wireless router for this device to connect to.by JBW11521/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not sure whether you have your answer but here goes... For this device to work properly you must have a wifi router connected to the internet that is either secured with a passkey/password or un-secured. Plug this device/antennae into the usb adapter on your computer and you should be able to see the wifi antenna pop up with all the available networks. click on the network you are trying to access and enter the passkey if requested. You should be able to access the internet afterwards.by ATTDALLAS1/4/2012Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You need to have WiFi capability for it to work.by ABN20711/10/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I've have been as far as 100 yards. With no building in the way.by NEWMEXICOCAVEMAN4/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I use it for my wireless connection on my desktop in another room but my router is still connected to my internet modem two rooms apart. I believe you want a different device maybe ck with your provider.by RefinedLady1/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- First of all, this adapter is only 150 Mbps, if your router is a 300 Mbps router don't buy this adapter - keep shoping. The range on this device will depend on many variables specific to your home. I am able to pick up enough signal three rooms away to get on the internet. If your router was located against an outside wall, you could use your laptop outside for the range of the router signal. We are talking feet here, not miles.by blc183912/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$13.99Was
- $11.99List price
- from $9.14
- from $9.86