Mortal Kombat is the newest chapter of the legendary franchise, marking a triumphant return to the series' roots in the most epic installment to date. Mortal Kombat introduces a number of gameplay features including tag team and the deepest story modes of any fighting game with the re-imagination of the original story lines of Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game's iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes. PlayStation 3 owners will also be able to take on the powerful role of Kratos -- from the acclaimed, bestselling God of War franchise. The ex-Spartan warrior will be able to face off against the beloved Mortal Kombat roster while boasting unique moves, fatalities and his own arena. Additionally, the PlayStation 3 version will include stereoscopic 3-D functionality on compatible televisions.
- Mature Presentation Fatalities make a triumphant return to their original violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what theyve been demanding. Graphic details, never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- All New Game Play By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation, and up to 4 player tag-team kombat; Mortal Kombat introduces an all new fighting mechanic thats both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- Deep Story Mode Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the original Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- Graphics & Technology Characters, environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most realistic blood effects, Kombat has never looked this good.
- New Game Modes In addition to an enhanced online feature set, Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode and many other additional modes.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Partial Nudity, and Intense Violence