The premiere emcee experience for video game consoles, Def Jam Rapstar makes the world your stage by rhyming along to more than 40 of the greatest Hip Hop tracks ever created. Use your console camera to record and customize your video using the in-game editing tools, then upload your video to the fully integrated Def Jam Rapstar community where you can share your videos across your social networks, Battle other emcees, comment on videos and much more. Def Jam Rapstar also offers you the ability to freestyle over tracks by some of the hottest hip hop producers and upload your freestyle performances for the world to decide how good you really are.
- Def Jam Rapstar is the first music game fully dedicated to Hip Hop.
- With over 40 songs spanning the history of Hip Hop, Def Jam Rapstar offers a diverse track list with some of the biggest songs in Hip Hop from all music labels.
- Unlike most other microphone-based games, Def Jam Rapstar features custom, proprietary voice recognition technology that judges lyrical accuracy. In addition to lyrical accuracy, Def Jam Rapstar also measures players' pitch and timing to provide your complete score in real time.
- Utilizing the Xbox Live Vision camera or PlayStation Eye, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to create a video of the performance starring yourself, edit, and then upload to www.defjamrapstar.com, a fully integrated online community where players can share their videos with the world to gain global recognition and become a bona fide rapstar!
- Freestyle mode allows MCs in the making to kick your own lyrics over well-known producers beats, offering a chance to show and prove that you have what it takes.
- Battle Mode allows you to compete locally head-to-head for the highest score, and Duet mode, where both players sing and rap together to achieve the highest combined score on any given song.
- Compatible with all 3rd party microphones on the market.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Blood, Strong Lyrics, Sexual Themes, Partial Nudity, Drug Reference, Use of Alcohol and Tobacco, and Mild Violence