About this item
- The Presto 4-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- is an ideal option to cook meat, poultry, seafood, and vegetables. From family-favorite recipes to exotic soups, you can make a variety of dishes in minutes. This must-have appliance help retain the flavor and nutrients, so the dishes are not only delicious, but healthy as well. For even cooking, this small pressure cooker features a heavy-duty lid and strong inner sealing ring locks the steam in. Made from heavy-gauge aluminum, it not only offers durable performance, but easy to clean as well. The stay-cool, ergonomic plastic handles offer fine grip while cooking. This Presto 4-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- can tenderizes lean meats and lets you make juicy pork and beef. Along with a rack for steaming, this pressure cooker also includes a recipe book and an instruction manual.
- Presto 4-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker:
- The Presto aluminum pressure cooker
- is a smart choice for healthy, flavorful meals, fast and easy.
- Meals cook to perfection in minutes - 3 to 10 times faster than ordinary cooking methods, saving time, energy, and money
- Strong, heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heating
- Helper handle for ease of handling
- Suitable for use on regular and smooth-top ranges
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically
- Cover lock indicator shows if there is pressure inside the cooker
- Special rack included for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors
- The stovetop pressure cooker cooks chicken, fish, meat, vegetables, and even desserts to perfection fast
- Helps tenderize economical cuts of meats
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the sealing ring and over-pressure plug removed
- 4-Quart liquid capacity
- Includes easy-to-follow instructions and delicious recipes
- Presto aluminum pressure cooker model # 01241
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||4.53|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||14.5 x 9.0 x 7.25|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Well, this may be too late to answer, but I would not use this cooker as a canner. Too much at stake for food poisoning. I have this model for dinner meals like beans, chicken, or roast. I have a 28 qt pressure canner for my canning. It has gauges so I can make sure I am cooking the jars to the temp that is needed.by Davis166/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is not large enough to be a canner. It is strictly a pressure cooker.by Regor032/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Pressure cookers, and pressure canners are two seperate things. Canners are for when you want to keep fruits and vegetables all year long. Pressure cookers are for when you want to cook a meal in a short time. You can cook all kinds of meats, vegetables, soups, stews, or ,chowder or any thing in them. I put on a pot of dried beans, and slowely let them cook for about 4 or 5 hours. Rideronwheelsby rideronwheels10/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Pressure cookers and canners are not the same... You need to make sure they have a Gage, and that they can go up to 25 lbs pressure. Pressure canners have either dial or weighted gauges. Pressure canners are necessary to safely can foods such as meats and vegetables that are low in acid. Pressure canners and pressure saucepans come in a wide variety of sizes. Pressure canners may hold up to 22 Quarts of canned food, and are able to process food at pressures up to 25 pounds.by CanningMuse2/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I needed to know the same thing. I went to the Presto website. On the website it is listed as a pressure cooker. No mention in the description of also being a canner. I downloaded the manuel and still no mention of being a canner. I think Wal-Mart is listing this wrong.by natty763/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The rack is mostly used for meat. I use mine when cooking a chicken. Also, I believe it can be used for steaming veggies. I have never steamed my veggies in my pressure cooker.by Davis164/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You set it on the bottom of the pot with the edge/lip facing down and then place your meats on it to keep it/them up out of the water, etc.by DustyBoots4/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You only use the rack when it is called for in a recipe...we usually cook vegetables so we never use it. Check the manual/cookbook that came with it, and choose a recipe similar to one you want to make, and you should know whether to use the rack or not.by KepiMeli4/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Use the rack to put under meats to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the cooker. For vegetables you don't use the rack.by PITMAN14/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The rack allows water to be turned into steam for pressure without burning foodby Tiger714/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. The product discription indicated this one has the helper handle but the picture does not show it. Is it there or not? Thanks
- It does not on the 4 qt, but the bigger ones doby HighlandPride10/10/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no helper hand.by chabboo9/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is not a helper handle on this model cooker.by Presto Customer Service7/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Policies & Plans
- This quality Presto appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first twelve (12) years after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to normal wear and tear including scratches, dulling of the polish, or staining; the repair or replacement of moving and/or perishable parts such as the sealing ring, dial gauge, overpressure plug, or air vent cover lock gasket; or for any damage caused by shipping. To obtain service under the warranty, return this Presto appliance, shipping prepaid, to the Presto Factory Service Department or the nearest Presto Authorized Service Station. When returning a product, please include a description of the defect and indicate the date the appliance was purchased. We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed. Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse or misuse (including overheating and boiling the unit dry) will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state. This is Presto's personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express or implied warranties.