Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Customers also viewed these products
- $12.74 List price $16.00Save $3.26
- $10.84 Was $12.43Save $1.59
- $12.49 List price $28.00Save $15.51
- $11.98 List price $17.00Save $5.02
- $15.01 List price $28.00Save $12.99
- $12.43 Was $13.61Save $1.18
Check out these related products
- $22.28 List price $30.00Save $7.72
- $11.38 List price $19.95Save $8.57
- $11.17 Was $12.67Save $1.50
- $21.87 List price $27.00Save $5.13
- $16.03 List price $20.00Save $3.97
- $12.36 Was $13.26Save $0.90
- $15.69 List price $22.00Save $6.31
- $24.57 List price $25.95Save $1.38
- $18.32 List price $25.95Save $7.63
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
On a May afternoon in 1943, an Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared, leaving only a spray of debris and a slick of oil, gasoline, and blood. Then, on the ocean surface, a face appeared--Lt. Louis Zamperini. Captured by the Japanese and driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini would answer desperation with ingenuity; suffering with hope, resolve, and humor.
On a May afternoon in 1943, an Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared, leaving only a spray of debris and a slick of oil, gasoline, and blood. Then, on the ocean surface, a face appeared. It was that of a young lieutenant, the plane's bombardier, who was struggling to a life raft and pulling himself aboard. So began one of the most extraordinary odysseys of the Second World War.
The lieutenant's name was Louis Zamperini. In boyhood, he'd been a cunning and incorrigible delinquent, breaking into houses, brawling, and fleeing his home to ride the rails. As a teenager, he had channeled his defiance into running, discovering a prodigious talent that had carried him to the Berlin Olympics and within sight of the four-minute mile. But when war had come, the athlete had become an airman, embarking on a journey that led to his doomed flight, a tiny raft, and a drift into the unknown.
Ahead of Zamperini lay thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, a foundering raft, thirst and starvation, enemy aircraft, and, beyond, a trial even greater. Driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini would answer desperation with ingenuity; suffering with hope, resolve, and humor; brutality with rebellion. His fate, whether triumph or tragedy, would be suspended on the fraying wire of his will.
In her long-awaited new book, Laura Hillenbrand writes with the same rich and vivid narrative voice she displayed in "Seabiscuit." Telling an unforgettable story of a man's journey into extremity, Unbroken is a testament to the resilience of the human mind, body, and spirit.
"From the Hardcover edition."
|Number of Pages:||776|
|Series Title:||Random House Large Print|
|Primary Shelf ID:||582801|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||November, 2010|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.75 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $17.08 List price $28.00Save $10.92
- $9.59 List price $14.99Save $5.40
- $12.84 List price $20.00Save $7.16
- $11.81 Was $13.42Save $1.61
- $19.48 List price $27.95Save $8.47
- $13.52 Was $17.27Save $3.75
- $20.78 List price $29.99Save $9.21
- $14.07 List price $16.00Save $1.93