This was bought to replace an ancient Regina Elektrik Broom that I LOVED. With that said:
1) This has been amazing the dozen or so times I have used it to vacuum the bare floors in my small home and a few small runners. To its detractors, I would say it is not meant to do a whole house of wall to wall carpeting. Use a big vac for that, sillies! We'll see how it holds up, I'll review again if it goes south in a hurry.
2) It does not stand on its own. I read the reviews first and have carefully hung it up because of people writing about it falling over and breaking. If you need a vaccum that stands up, or even leans in a corner, this is not for you.
3) It is, as people say, a glorified corded dustbuster. But that's what it's supposed to be. Quick, light, not too ugly and easy to use.
4) This model does NOT have a beater bar, the S2220 does. You decide.
5) It's very easy to empty the dirt cup cup. Yes it fills up fast and the hair etc gets caught up by the filter and you have to peel it off, and you have to hold it over the trash when you empty it. If you don't like it, get a big bagged model with disposable filters.
6) Hallelujah! The vents are high and vent to the side! No more dirt blown around the house!
7) The ability to switch back and forth from bare floors to a tiny (1/4" tall?) brush for the "carpet" setting doesn't mean that much to me.
8) It's fairly quiet.
9) At twenty feet it has the longest cord out there. Deal with it.
10) It swivels to completely flat to get under things, limited only by the "barrel" of the ting to get under and around stuff..
11) It really picks up some serious dust and hair. No, it won't pick up Cheerios, Legos, peanuts and Cracker Jacks, etc. because the head is very close to the floor to maximize suction. I don't know how it works on kitty litter. If you want to clear the floor after the Huns have been through, you'll need something else.
12) You have to clean the cup and filter every time you use it or suction goes down really fast and it overheats. See #5.
13) Almost everything is made cheaply of plastic these days. it's about choosing between the evils. But so far this thing appears thoughtfully engineered.