Consider these popular products
- $28.45 Was $29.99Save $1.54
- $11.17 List price $17.99Save $6.82
- $6.24 Was $6.99Save $0.75
- $6.04 Was $7.99Save $1.95
- $9.34 Was $11.08Save $1.74
- $35.46 List price $49.95Save $14.49
- $15.25 List price $24.95Save $9.70
- $6.20 Was $6.95Save $0.75
Pimsleur Language Program: Brazilian Portuguese II
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Portuguese is the mother tongue of about 170 million people, mainly in Portugal and the Portuguese islands in the Atlantic, Brazil, and Portugal's former overseas provinces in Africa and Asia. Pimsleur's Brazilian Portuguese teaches the Sao Paulo dialect of Brazilian Portuguese.
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes - with Pimsleur it's that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose. "Brazilian Portuguese II, Comprehensive" includes 15 hours of spoken language practice and one additional hour of reading instruction, and is designed to be used after completing Level I.
- In the first 10 lessons, you begin to use the past tense. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Conversations become fuller, and learners are able to discuss business and social activities, manage shopping situations, and express their interests. As you progress, vocabulary is expanded and fluency increases.
- The next 10 lessons allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You learn to bargain with shopkeepers, deal with business situation, get and give medical information, and discuss the weather.
- In the final 10 lessons, you've doubled your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You'll gain experience asking for assistance, finding a location that is some distance away, and using relative structures - faster, slower, etc. Sports and leisure activities are explored, as well as shopping, changing money, and future travel plans. By the end of Level II, you're speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you are comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of this unit. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to give you practice reading Portuguese and to provide you with some insight into Portuguese culture with proverbs, common expressions, and a broad look at some of the things you'll see when visiting a Brazilian Portuguese-speaking country. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
|Number of Pages:||0|
|Author:||Pimsleur Language Programs|
|Publication Date:||June, 2001|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||11.75 x 13.25 x 2.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.